Top Lane Champions

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Darius is commonly banned... it's not good to rely on a banned champ.
Darius is banned because bad players don't know how easy it is to not get hosed down by him. He's not worth a ban.

Now, I didn't quote this just to say that, because you're right, Darius is commonly banned, and it's important to be able to play non-banned champs, however that a champion is frequently banned is a bad reason not to learn him at all.

I had friends who refused to even get champions like Blitzcrank or Alistar because the forums say they're "ALWAYS" banned. Shen, Malphite, whoever, for whatever position. And yes, these champions frequently are banned, but the list of frequently banned champions is pretty long (at least, longer than 6 champions long), so they're not all banned every match.

And these champions are banned for a reason. They're strong champions. But the only way to exploit their strength is by knowing how to play them. So if you completely avoid Malphite because people tell you he's always banned, then in those matches when he's not banned (he's not banned in every match), then you won't know how to play him.

So yes, learn and get very good with some champions that are never banned like Jax and Riven, but also know how to play the champions that are banned. Champions get banned because people don't know how to play against them. And if you're good with a champion that people don't know how to play against, you're gonna have a good match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enhancedgore

Senior Member

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont ban Zach View Post
I find Riven and Yorick to be the best top laners and Riven bounces all over the places and deals high early game damage.
Riven bouces like a bunny and should you say
Riven is another version of JAX except you have no helicopter moves but you have a shieldrush:P *Plus you deals high early/mid/late game damage*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tijuk

Member

09-26-2013

Well, greetings.. Tijuk from Brazil in here
[I apologize in advance for Grammar Mistakes]

For choosing your main top laner, you have to take some things into count...

Your champion must be able to handle every situation.. and if it can'tt... you must adapt yourself to cover your flaws... Since you never know when a fed Kassadin gonna pop out of the wall with a Fiddle charging his ult behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont ban Zach View Post
I find Riven and Yorick to be the best top laners. I'm gonna try Rumble soon. Yorick is the king of trolls (next to vlad's troll pool xD) and Riven bounces all over the places and deals high early game damage.
I dont know every champion... Like I have never played Yorick... but people say he's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornyMann View Post
rammus shen garen and mundo
Yeah, his Taunt is nice... I just think Rammus shines brighter in the Jungle... like Shyvana and Nocturne

My top top laners would be:

Jayce - Hard
His Kit Contains:
-Nice Poke
-Knockback
-Moviment Speed Buff
[You can farm nicely while poking and if you overpush your lane, you can use your Speed Up and Knockback to get to safety]

Jax - Easy
His Kit Contains
-[Q]Escape/Chase
-Hybrid Scalling skills [His Damage scales both with AP and AD]
-[E] Dodge/Stun [What makes Jax, Jax... With this, Jax can outplay almost any AA dependant Champion, such as Tryndamere
-[R] OP Armor/Magic [Nice agains anyone that doenst make True Damage, such as Vayne and Darius]
[Jax is great as your main champ, since it doesnt matter much who you're facing. Of course, I'm not saying you are sure to win everylane... I never won agains a Kennen top, but if you can't build Full Damage, go Tanky DPS, and if that's not enough, go Tank.
One thing nice about Jax is that he can deal both AD and AP damage, nice agains those Armor Staking Champs, like Malphite]


Lee Sin - Legendary Hard
His Kit Contains
-2 Gap Closers
-1 Crazy Sustain Boot
-1 Slow/Revelation
-1 Knockback
[Lee Sin is not impossible to play, at his full potencial? almost...He has 2 Gap Closers... so you can escape from most ganks and he has a crazy early damage... In my opinion... top champ to get the first blood.. And like some champs.. you can make a lot of different build.. suiting better your matchup]

Yorick - He counters Teemo, point for Yorick [Sorry, idk this champ]

Zed - Medium
His Kit Contains
-[Q]Shurikaaa [W + Q = Ultimate Poke]
-[E]AoE Damage [Absurdly Small Cooldown]
-Gap Closer

Olaf - Easy
His Kit Contains:
-Slow
-Legendary Sustain
-Crazy Small Gap Closer
-More 1% AS, for each 1% HP you lose
[After seeing my Plat friend playing Olaf Top and going balls deep all the time, I fell for this champ...(Attention, having balls is required for Olaf, since u get more buffed for the less HP u got), I really dont know why he is one of the least used champs]

Tryndamere - Easy
His Kit Contains
-Cure
-Nice CC
-Gap Closer/Escape
-Eternal Life for hours [5secs] of fun
[An overral easy champ, not much to say... Building Sustained Critical works wonder in low elos]

Nasus - Easy
His Kit Contains
-Passive 14% LifeSteal
-SS = gg
-Crazy Slow
-Armor Debuff
[Just level up SS a lot... When laning is up... You're suppost to have more than 300+, and dont lose CS due the SS being on CD :P...
Nasus builds great with Armor and CD, but there's people which build AD itens on him... Well, that's up to you and who you're facing in lane... but a boosted SS with AD < normal SS + Armor/HP... Since you will make less Damage, but so will your opponent
I would recommend building like a Hydra, only when facing a full AD team, and you got enough room, for not building MR]

Darius - Easy
His Kit Contains
-Half Ranged Blitz Grab
-Garen Spin of Death
-Great Ultimate [Darius jumps in the Sky, hi-fives Pantheon, and than falls on the ground, slicing the enemy in half] [Well, I heard he is both easily countered and banned a lot... Weird I guess...
His passive stacks up Armor Penetration, and his ult deals True Damage(Be aware, combining both my lead to ultimate destruction of the sad enemy)... Pick Darius agains those Armor Freaks... like Mal - Fight]

Feel free to comment on my opinions, and sorry for the long post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MexGenius

Senior Member

09-26-2013

Rumble
Jayce
J4
Riven
Malphite


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiveofswords

Senior Member

09-26-2013

personally I usually use cho or nasus which are very easy and effective. But im also learning elise and lissandra and they are also solid top picks. Apparently renekton is awesome also judging from the WC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zumwalt

Junior Member

09-26-2013

Vi
Vi
Vi
Vi
Vi

From recent experience, I have come to conclusion that Vi top is ******* op. I am a decent player, Silver 1 at the moment, and Vi is getting me out of there. She is very underrated. If you have the correct build (lolking me if you would like it) you literally cannot. lose. lane. Even hard counters, Jax, Renekton, whatever, you can win lane. This goes for any champion honestly, but using Vi I find it incredibly easy.

Give it a shot, it is very fun and rewarding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tijuk

Member

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumwalt View Post
Vi
Vi
Vi
Vi
Vi

From recent experience, I have come to conclusion that Vi top is ******* op. I am a decent player, Silver 1 at the moment, and Vi is getting me out of there. She is very underrated. If you have the correct build (lolking me if you would like it) you literally cannot. lose. lane. Even hard counters, Jax, Renekton, whatever, you can win lane. This goes for any champion honestly, but using Vi I find it incredibly easy.

Give it a shot, it is very fun and rewarding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwG49...MJGpMNkxpM3KLg

after this "Vi"deo... I gotta agree with Top Vi


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarhsallLee67

Senior Member

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by enhancedgore View Post
Riven bouces like a bunny and should you say
Riven is another version of JAX except you have no helicopter moves but you have a shieldrush:P *Plus you deals high early/mid/late game damage*
y u necro


123