Top Lane Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphand

09-06-2012

thanks Quick!

blindcyde80

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

yorick, irelia, riven, rumble, shen, darius, mundo, and nasus are all very strong tops, take your pick from those

some other good but more situational tops are teemo, vlad, gangplank, rengar, garen, malphite, xin

tho darius and shen are very common bans, and i've seen malphite banned kinda frequent too. and im sure i missed a couple

Dont ban Zach

09-06-2012

I find Riven and Yorick to be the best top laners. I'm gonna try Rumble soon. Yorick is the king of trolls (next to vlad's troll pool xD) and Riven bounces all over the places and deals high early game damage.

Timammoth

09-06-2012

http://www.lolcounter.com/search.php?search=

this is the lol counter list.

LonleyWarlock

09-06-2012

I would recommend Rammus because of his taunt. So try levelling that to 3 by level 8 so when they go for the turret so they would attack you with the help of the turret, and pick up easy kills

Darius is just a boss over all because of his Passive and Ultimate

And Xin Zhao, is not to bad if you build him AD Tank.

And Yorick = GG

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

The reason I listed the 6 that I did, is because they give you the variety that you need to pick against anyone really. You got tankies, single target nukes, AD, AP, DPS, CC, Initiate, assassins, early game, late game, strong laners, strong teamfighters.

If you learn those 6, you will always have someone to pick for the match up you will come across in top lane. If you learn more, then you'll do even better, but I personally would recommend starting with those 6.

BabyyD

09-07-2012

Yorick is always a good pick because he counters pretty much everyone.
Garen is personally my favorite top lane, because I've played him for so long, even pre-buff.
Olaf, Vlad, and Jax are really good picks too!

SilverChampz

09-09-2012

malphite,shen,irelia,jayce,vlad.. really a great top and maybe yorick but i dont like him.. and you can consider playing wukong.. he is fun and easy

b8r8s

09-09-2012

Darius- He's an overall great champion and if you build him right, he can sustain that lane forever.

Irelia- Not only is she one of the most offensive tanks in the game, but she also has a great ability set-up, allowing you to stay in the lane longer, because her basic attacks heal.

Gangplank- Gangplank is a very underrated champion. Hes great to farm because if you kill a minion with his Q, it gives him extra gold and returns mana. Plus his Q is also great for poking.

Mordekaiser- Mordekaiser is great because he has two great farming abilities. And you can also use his e to get little hits on enemies. Along with this, he has no mana, and with every hit you gain a shield, which is very useful.

anAmishLady

11-01-2012

Shen and Malphite will more often than not be banned in current ranked games.

Yorick is one of the best as long as you can manage mana well, else you're dead. Darius is too easy to counter now, so I don't recommend him. I am a solo top main, and I do quite well with Jax, Irelia, and Fiora in my back pocket. Irelia is stellar at getting cs. You can literally go the whole leaning phase without missing one. O.O

Fiora is my high damage pick. Irelia counters high hp, resistance, or sustain champs. And Jax is good once you get to know him well enough to outplay your opponent. He is very viable and snowballs well, but has a high skill cap that you must reach.

Basically, pick a balanced champ, a squishier high damage champ, and a tanky sustain champ (feel free to use my examples), and get good with each of them. Then counter pick with them.