Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A good Master yi Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hypothermia1

09-08-2012

With yi (unless you are ap) you should end up with boots (usually berseker greaves), 2 phantom dancers, 2 bloodthirsters and 1 infinity edge. If you are dying a lot think about getting 2 or 3 doran's blades and maybe even swap a bloodthirster for another phantom dancer if necessary. Many people will counter ad yi with 1 thornmail because it returns I think 30% of the damage as magic damage. 1 bloodthirster with a decent amount of kills will effectively cancel out a thornmail so try and rush it and you should be fine. If you are not fed/ don't have much gold and are dying a lot solely because of the thornmail doing massive amounts of damage then you may think about getting a banshees vail but I don't really like this.

non-jungle:
q,e,q,w,q,r then prioritize r then e then q then w.
boots + 3 hp pots
bersekers greaves
zeal
phantom dancer
vampric scepter (sometimes before phantom if you are dying to DoT a lot or just neccasary)
zeal
BF sword
phantom dancer (sometimes before BF sword)
vampric scepter
Infinity edge
2 bloodthirsters.

jungle:
e,w,q,q,e,q,r. then prioritize r then e then q then w.
I almost always start on wolves before blue (ancient golemn)
dorans blade/ cloth+5 hp pots (depending how confident you are)
same build as non-jungle but you almost always get the phantom before VS so that it is quicker to gank and also deals more damage.

P.S. Some people say that you should get 1 or even 2 dorans ring even if you are not going ap so that you get mana regen so you can spam dat q and you get health. I don't really like this because you are wasting a lot of money by buying and then selling 950 worth. Really you shouldn't be "spamming" your q unless you want some poke damage or there are many minions that are decently low on health.

P.P.S If you want poke damage use the q on the minion in front of the subject otherwise you will end up at the subject and if they are near the turret or they have a stun/snare/partner, your are almost dead.