Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need Irelia Help!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gannonder

09-05-2012

Hey guys I just recently have purchased Irelia and.......... Well not doing so hot. I am just plain out having problems with what is the best way to play her! Plus an item build wouldn't hurt please help!

Tëär

09-05-2012

Well my build for Irelia is:
boots: Mercs/Ninja situational ya know
If ahead in lane i try to go for early Tri or Wits. (I prefer tri because of the phage proc)
into a Randumin's and then wits end. (you can switch the order)
Finish it off with a GA for surviability. Also you can switch GA with randu for better surviability.

My advice is to try and just farm until lvl 4 or so, using bladesurge to last hit incase you misjudge a last hit.
Start to harasses enemy top with a good Q-E combo.
Depending upon who you're laning against call for ganks as you see fit.
For example, if your up against a vlad top at lvl 3 or so, Call for a gank since vlad is relatively weak lvls 2-6.
Mid-Late team fights try and aim for squishy like AP or AD carries.
Late game GA will really allow you to target carries without a real fear of you dying.

fenamoon

09-05-2012

Irelia is a blast if played right, i normally build her hybrid because i don't like the fact of being one or the other. how i normally build is starting with a Dorian shield or blade depending on your enemy. when your in a lane remember that Blade surge(Q) adds one hit effects to the damage it dose. so starting with a D blade would be wise cause of life steal. also note that Blade Surge instantly recharges and refunds half the cost back if u kill whatever u struck. so this makes her a god when it comes to last hits. now when your fighting a champion remember Irelia is an Ionian. meaning like all other Ionians she has a better advantage when she has less health Percentage wise. so when u are fighting a champ let them hit you 1st then retaliate With your (E) Equilibrium Strike. If you have less health then him it will stun, if not only slows them. after u stun him its time to unleash hell upon his face. active hiten style (W) this will make u do 15-75 True Dmg on your attacks for 6 seconds. added with a blade surge this will turn the tide of your little fight fairly well. also remember Irelias a burst-er so if u aren't feeling as ballsy as i normally am, u can easily peck at them and widdle them down with W and E. so Yeah play get in get out. intill u know u can kill the *******. let me know if this will helps you understand her more. and if it dose ill gladly give u more tips and knowledge about her.