Need Irelia Help!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gannonder

09-05-2012

Hey guys I just recently have purchased Irelia and.......... Well not doing so hot. I am just plain out having problems with what is the best way to play her! Plus an item build wouldn't hurt:) please help!

Tr

09-05-2012

Well my build for Irelia is:
boots: Mercs/Ninja situational ya know
If ahead in lane i try to go for early Tri or Wits. (I prefer tri because of the phage proc)
into a Randumin's and then wits end. (you can switch the order)
Finish it off with a GA for surviability. Also you can switch GA with randu for better surviability.

My advice is to try and just farm until lvl 4 or so, using bladesurge to last hit incase you misjudge a last hit.
Start to harasses enemy top with a good Q-E combo.
Depending upon who you're laning against call for ganks as you see fit.
For example, if your up against a vlad top at lvl 3 or so, Call for a gank since vlad is relatively weak lvls 2-6.
Mid-Late team fights try and aim for squishy like AP or AD carries.
Late game GA will really allow you to target carries without a real fear of you dying.

fenamoon

09-05-2012

Irelia is a blast if played right, i normally build her hybrid because i don't like the fact of being one or the other. how i normally build is starting with a Dorian shield or blade depending on your enemy. when your in a lane remember that Blade surge(Q) adds one hit effects to the damage it dose. so starting with a D blade would be wise cause of life steal. also note that Blade Surge instantly recharges and refunds half the cost back if u kill whatever u struck. so this makes her a god when it comes to last hits. now when your fighting a champion remember Irelia is an Ionian. meaning like all other Ionians she has a better advantage when she has less health Percentage wise. so when u are fighting a champ let them hit you 1st then retaliate With your (E) Equilibrium Strike. If you have less health then him it will stun, if not only slows them. after u stun him its time to unleash hell upon his face. active hiten style (W) this will make u do 15-75 True Dmg on your attacks for 6 seconds. added with a blade surge this will turn the tide of your little fight fairly well. also remember Irelias a burst-er so if u aren't feeling as ballsy as i normally am, u can easily peck at them and widdle them down with W and E. so Yeah play get in get out. intill u know u can kill the *******. let me know if this will helps you understand her more. and if it dose ill gladly give u more tips and knowledge about her.