Implementing a VGS function to LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SneakyEmrakul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

seal of approval

+1

errorme

09-05-2012

FYI VGS stands for Voice Game System.

QraQers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorme View Post
FYI VGS stands for Voice Game System.
Thank you

Diva Jilly

09-05-2012

I think it's a great idea. I mean, especially considering the lack of VOIP in game.

I think it's better than simply having just different pings, too. Because sometimes people don't read chat because they're busy concentrating on cs'ing, not getting harassed, etc. So having a preprogrammed vocal call out with it is a great idea.

StrategicPlan

09-05-2012

/singed

NedKelly199

09-06-2012

+1 very good idea and would love to see this in season 3 SOLO Q

buckX

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Neat idea, I think we could do something more precise than what they do. I definitely agree that making it easier to do things like call MIA or on my way somewhere, etc would be good.

Lots of people have asked for an MIA ping (in fact, I wanted to do this when we were making Dominion and also creating the retreat ping). We would probably do something along these lines that would allow more precise messaging.
If you want to know my ideal system, it would be this. Have the ping for MIAs as an extra wake up call (and have MIA ping automatically type MIA into the chat), but you could also automate it to a great extent. On the right side of the screen, put up champion icons that match your team's icons on the left, just like you'd get with spectator mode. Make the icon disappear entirely when the champion is in your team's site, but once your team has lost site of a champion, have their icon fade into existence over the course of 5 seconds. A quick glance at the side bar would give you a quick and dirty of the MIA situation as you consider diving or what have you.

QraQers

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckX View Post
If you want to know my ideal system, it would be this. Have the ping for MIAs as an extra wake up call (and have MIA ping automatically type MIA into the chat), but you could also automate it to a great extent. On the right side of the screen, put up champion icons that match your team's icons on the left, just like you'd get with spectator mode. Make the icon disappear entirely when the champion is in your team's site, but once your team has lost site of a champion, have their icon fade into existence over the course of 5 seconds. A quick glance at the side bar would give you a quick and dirty of the MIA situation as you consider diving or what have you.
This is a decent idea. The only thing is I believe this takes away from individual player skill and map awareness. This UI change was not meant to make the game easier in the sense of skill level, just ease of access to things we already do but need to type out. A compromise to your idea would be to have the same fade in/out icons but rather for a certain lane somehow. For Example: I call mid mia, over the next 5 second an indicator that signifies mid lane will go from full to transparent; showing the time since the call happened. Is this sort of what you were thinking?

At any rate, thanks for your input.

Retrubtion

09-06-2012

riotpls implement this

ZilexYlsik

09-06-2012

Definitely support this 100% mate! well done and very thought out ideas and i do think that they will definitely help the game become even more of one of the national E-sports games in the entire world! well done again mate.

-Zilex