Black screen and firewall error after character select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AZRAELCELT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

been having this problem with avast nortons and even Symantec still no fix not even an acknowledgement from riot never seen a red on any of the posts relating to these issues had to get rid of peerblock because the Lol servers ended up on their lists ( gotta wonder what they were doing to get this ) good luck finding a fix there is none apart from playing completely unprotected with your firewall down and your router completely open which frankly isnt worth it, if RIOT havnt addressed this issue already they never will, they seem to think ignoring it will make it go away or at least blaming the issue on the individual, at least Ive never had to allow programs before, BFH, fiesta, w3 TFT never had any problems like this without exceptions it just goes to show its not antiviruses firewalls that are the true problems but LoL itself, this game will fall flat on its face soon then maybe riot will fix these problems but until then we will have to enjoy this gaming hell riot has us in with their pathetic coding

BMO

09-21-2012

This problem is awful and i really want it to work. Riot, please respond to us! I've spent over $300 worth of cards to my friends and myself, and it would be pretty safe to assume that this is the case for all of these good people in this thread.

HBLB dynftw

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by countcristo View Post
The same thing happens to me. I've actually narrowed the problem down for me, but not sure if it's the same for you. Do you happen to use Verizon DSL and is your modem/router combo model an A90-750015-07? When I use my old modem/router combo from Verizon it works just fine.
Sorry for the very late reply, I lost this thread and it took a while to find.
I'm in Australia actually, with Optus + a SAGEM modem that came with the broadband plan.

Sadly, I don't have another modem I can test with but if I do get the chance, I'll get back to you on this.

Since some people have found antivirus to be the problem, I'll take a look at mine.
I'm using Avira and maybe it does have something that's stopping LoL from connecting the first time.

Still doesn't explain why it DOES manage to connect without issue sometimes.

Every1HatesMerck

10-10-2012

BUMP!
I have this same problem, firewall error, and black screen you cant get out of until the game starts to load.
I've port fwded and tried every fix but this is annoying! RIOT FREAKING DO SOMETHING!!!

Demonik187

10-11-2012

Same issue here, started with Syndra patch. After champ select when the loading screen is about to come up, I get an error stating the same message as in the OP. I have tried port forwarding and everything found on the forums for connectivity. I have repaired my LoL installation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It works fine for the first game after either of those, but after that it does the same thing again. I have turned all of my firewalls off, disabled antivirus software. I have been just dealing with it, but I've never had this issue before and nothing with my system has changed. I don't want to deal with it anymore. Riot help us.

Paidactor

10-11-2012

This is still very much a real and severe issue. It happened to me just now while playing a game as Caitlyn. An interesting note to add is that it occurred to everyone in the game I was playing, both my team and the enemy team, several times. Please fix this Riot.

DirtyLittleWh0re

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Happens to me now also. Ever since the syndra patch. Tried using different modems, no use. No firewalls or antivirus even turned on, so it's not that.

Sadface...

HBLB dynftw

10-14-2012

Bump.
Nothing has changed =/

Cheyf

10-14-2012

I have been having this problem for a few months now. It isn't my computer or the Internet, since I have ports forwarded in all 3 locations I regularly play. It works in 2 of the locations, but not in the third (my home). It's really annoying, since generally, I prefer to play from home...

Anyway, it works at 2 other locations that have the exact same Internet settings, as well as same laptop/settings/etc. I can only conclude it's something on Riot's side or there's something hidden deeply in the Internet/modem/router settings that none of us have yet to figure out.

Saturdays

10-14-2012

I quickly fixed this issue by alow league of legends through my firewall, it hasn't happend since