Issues with spectating?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraayos

09-11-2014

Before the patch, I could at least get into the game to spectate for maybe a few minutes before it said it couldn't find the data to spectate. However, now I cannot even get to the load screen to spectate before it says the game data cannot be found and it was going to exit now. So what is the issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

TVwazhere

09-11-2014

I'm having the same issue

DeathFenra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2014

Yeah, my league crashes every time I even try to open a spectate game.

Toshy

09-11-2014

Yup, I'm having this issue as well. Ever since the latest update, I can't spectate any games at all. When I try to, it would pop an error out saying something like " Can't load spectate file . . . will now exit."

I'm just hoping Riot is aware of this issue and doing one's best effort to fix this.

Integuraru

09-11-2014

Spectate now lasts longer than three minutes on occasion for me, but I'm still having this problem as well.

On a side note, I was recently told that spectate has been the channel through which DDoS attacks reach the League servers and that this is the reason why it is constantly crashing and down for routine maintenance (or something thereabouts, I didn't really quite understand it myself). I know Riot is still working on this issue (thanks, by the way!), but I would like to know if this is true and if DDoS attacks have really been making use of a bug in spectator mode to hit League's servers. The guy who told me said I would have found this out if I had done my research, but searching has only brought up suspicions at best. Does anyone know if this has any truth to it? I have my doubts, but I would appreciate it if someone else could shed some light on this rumor.

It does seems spectate has been disabled again though.