Is there diminishing returns on certain attributes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nomadian

11-15-2009

Is there diminishing returns on certain attributes eg. attack speed, movement speed, armor in this game? I vaguely recall it might have been the case in Warcraft 3/Dota and seems it ought in a way to be the case here?

DarkenDragon

11-15-2009

only speed has a diminishing returns such that once it hits a certain point the formula for how much you gain changes, but I forget what the amount is, i think is something like at 390, 440, or something like that, should be posted in one of the patch notes

dodge stacks multiplictively meaning if you had 5% dodge from runes/masteries, and you get the phantom blade which gives, I think 20? not sure, but you'd only get 20% of 95% since you have a 95% chance of being hit already, so really the 20% is 19%

im not too sure about armor and magic resistance, but I think they're also multiplicivly as well

everything else stacks additivly but certain things have hard caps, such as attack speed is 2.5, cooldown is 40%, and.............. I think thats is

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

11-15-2009

movement speed has a soft cap at around 400ish, which means that for every additional point of movement above that (not 100% sure if its 400 or not) gets reduced by a small %, and then there is a hardcap at about 550ish, that further reduces all movement speed above that by a much larger %.

As darkendragon said, cooldown reduction caps at 40%, attack speed caps at 2.5, and dodge stacks multiplictively.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2009

Crit behaves the same as dodge/evasion (as mentioned above)

mermin

11-15-2009

i dont think thats true with the crit, i get 100% on trynd all the time, im pretty sure it stacks additively

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermin View Post
i dont think thats true with the crit, i get 100% on trynd all the time, im pretty sure it stacks additively
yeah, crit stacks up additively.

ElektricCobra

11-20-2009

does the 'take additional damage per hit' from Malady stack with another Malady? ...or 3 more of them?

Goldenpineapple

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektricCobra View Post
does the 'take additional damage per hit' from Malady stack with another Malady? ...or 3 more of them?
No, having multiple items that place debuffs or grant buffs- Black Cleaver, Guinsoo's rageblade etc.- Do not increase the stack cap, but they DO allow you to reach the cap faster. For every application, each item will trigger (3 maladies will place debuffx3 with one attack) but the cap will remain 6

Kitsuna

12-20-2009

However each malady 'debuff' is unique to each player, as shown by Shaco's doppleganger. If you both attack a player, they get a malady debuff from both the clone and you, same with Black Cleaver. Shaco can effectively double the amount of use he gets out of items like Executioner's Calling, Cleaver, and Malady.