Why can't noobs admit Shen is terrible as a straight tank/ terrible choice on 3s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BashDaddy

09-04-2012

The title says it all. Just played a game where we had a Shen straight tank and a Tristana rush Last Whisper even though there were no armor items on the opposing team.

Straight tanking on 3s is a terrible idea unless you do some damage through your abilities. Shen does no damage with his abilities, therefore he should not straight tank. End of story. I don't want to hear some noob make the comment Shen is OP, because hes not, he is a worthless tank. Building him Sunfire, Last Whisper is legit. Straight tanking should be a banable offence, its a complete troll build in 3s.

Such people should be banned for life.

HKnux5112

09-05-2012

First of all, calm down kiddo, it's just a game.

Second, I would agree that Shen can be less viable in 'certain' situations, but usually his going over walls is just great.

Alpha Q23

09-05-2012

You might of had a shen who either got out played, wasn't having a good game, or was just bad.

I've done straight tank builds with shen and do alright in 3v3. He is my best char and I don't fear anyone when I play him, Except teammates who decide jumping into fights 1v3 is a good idea.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Um hi... Straight tank Shen does plenty of damage. Though, I do normally build an Ionic spark and Frozen Heart for that spammability. But his passive really helps you do some serious damage.

In 3s, an all tank Shen should just have a good support cast. Take say a Xin, Evelynn, TRISTANA, Etc. I think it was your Tristana that held you back. In that case he should have adjusted, but that's neither here nor there.

Every game you should consider changing your build to suit those you are playing against. Some characters just have core builds, but in 3s usually the characters I play have one item they have to get, then they build accordingly.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

On TT I only stack GAs. So I never die.

Wow Such Juke

09-06-2012

If you actually knew anything about Shen, the heal on his Q and the damage on his passive both scale on his total HP.. Meaning rushing ANYTHING HP related is a good idea. I typically buy a Heart of Gold early, into a Giant's belt (or Recurve Bow, depending on how well I'm off) and go from there - usually with only one or two "DPS" items.

Dvine

09-06-2012

Ohai. straight tank is amazing, bro, maybe a wits end would be a nice item but otherwise anything else is bad, so calm down kid. And bw, his q scales off hp...

Prizmo

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
On TT I only stack GAs. So I never die.
dude did you know that dat ga stuff works on SR too