Rate my build: Tank Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zilentworld

09-19-2010

When i first use soraka, i used the recommended items (since im a newbie in this game) then when i read the tips on fighting with soraka its says there that kill soraka first when she goes up in front, and yeah, i experience that A LOT

So here is what i did, i made soraka a TANK, well im rushing in leading my team while spamming the starcall, then the enemies just focus fired me but with the tank items i was able to survive not even resurecting (Guardian Angel)

So here is my build:

Mercury Treads
Guardian angel
sunfire cape
randuin's omen
Aegis of legion/thornmail/Frozen heart

It always works on me, so what do you guys think?

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

soraka is not a tank, I would not recommend trying to tank with her, she has very poor initiation.

If you are just trying to make her hard to kill, then go for it, not sure I would go sunfire though, the goal would be to stay away i would think

McRofls

09-19-2010

Just play Taric instead...

Al3xander

09-19-2010

A tank must possess means to keep the enemy team focus him. This can be done technically with big damage, or lots of CC. Soraka has none (silence is a sort of CC but its too weak in this case).

Tank soraka would just be useless since she has no means to disrupt the enemy carries.

Nightdancer ND

09-19-2010

Your Soraka can't do anything, since she no AP (to heal and such). Nor is she a battle-Soraka that can medicore heal, stun and so some damage. Except some silents it is a 4 vs 5 (they simply ignore you during a team fight and kill you last)

Rysan Marquise

09-19-2010

Battle/Tank Soraka needs at least CDR to get more starcalls off. Her biggest problem is that it doesn't matter soon enough and she has among the lowest base survivability in the game. Even with all tank items she isn't amazingly durable - especially because she isn't a good farmer.

zilentworld

09-19-2010

First of all its not a Battle/Tank, It's a Support/Tank. This build is very team dependent.

Teraxe is right im just making Soraka harder to kill so she can be more use to her team on supporting NOT damaging. The thing is, the support items in LoL are not so good that i can actually help my teammates ( like mekanism and arcane boots in dota ).

About initiation, i literally dive in on the enemies to give them all the starcall debuff. I can cast 3-5 starcalls even before a clash will start.

Al3xander is right that I dont actually have the means to disable the carries, though that's not really my target since Soraka doesn't really have any disable other than the silence. My goal is to make them want to kill me, so that my teammates wont worry about being attacked. And Nightdancer, the thing is they DONT ignore me cause I literally dive in the front lanes. I always get the blue buff for my CDR and actually farm in the lane, maxing starcall first.

Rakonyryu

09-19-2010

well, soraka would help a LOT more if u get AP and heal your carry.

JamesGotGame

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakonyryu View Post
well, soraka would help a LOT more if u get AP and heal your carry.
This.

I won't say that Tank Soraka is useless, but she has super long range spells for a reason. Besides, Taric is a superior Tank/Healer, plus he has a stun that lasts literally an hour.

NikolaPPP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2010

my friend actually prefers playing tank soraka than any other build.
he usually buys boots of mobility, and the 5 sunfire capes, this may sound crazy, but with so much health, it takes a while for anyone to kill you, and then you have really good heals to boost you back up.
this is an anti-melee build, as the characters are attacking you, you deal 200dps just from standing there.
first time he told me of this i thought he was crazy, then we played a 5vs5, just to show me the awesomeness of this build and if i remember correctly he had 29/3/?? (assists were high too ), and this against a fairly good team...