Dealing with singed or Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaystarFire

09-04-2012

How do you deal with singed or anivia, it seems that every time I see them I can never win my lane. For Anivia, she just harasses me and denies me to the point where I can't do a thing to anyone. In Singed's case I do fine in lane, don't die, harass him a bit, but as soon as he has catalyst he is just unbeatable in the lane, and by late game he is a speedy high damage tank that just can't be kept off my carry.

TVPMike

09-04-2012

I honestly can not tell you how to beat Singed. Sorry, but that is something I do not know well enough about and I would rather leave you wondering than provide false advice. As for Anivia, many Champions lane against her very well. Most of her damage comes from her E, but for her E to work, you must be slowed or stunned by her Q or her Ultimate. Always dodge her Q's. Keep an eye out for them, knowing they have a medium cooldown timer, and know that they move slowly. Dodge them and you should be fine.

(PS - When I face an Anivia I usually counter her with Fizz, Akali, Katarina, Vladimir or Karthus. Fizz, Akali and Katarina because they shut her down hard and you can start roaming with a fed Champion very early on. Vladimir because you can zone her pretty well and make her useless late game and if you know what your doing, no number of jungler ganks will help her. Karthus because he needs a lot of farm to be effective and Anivia is more of a farming Champion. Basically, it is a farm fest, except you should have more kills by popping your Ultimate at the right times.)

Dai Zhen

09-04-2012

anivia is a combo caster.... she does most of her dmg by chaining up her spells correctly.... her early strong harass is dependent on her landed her Q to chained up with her E... she'll likely max E first simply bcuz Q is too hard to lane at long range... it's highly doubtful that she'll just E you for harass bcuz she is very mana hungry and her E won't do much dmg without the chilled effect... you'll probably do more dmg to her if she decides to just harass with E... her range is also pretty short with an exception of her Q, but her Q is so slow that it makes it a waste of mana to cast it at long range bcuz people will almost always dodge... once she reaches lvl 6 though she can harass really easily bcuz her ult..

tl;dr

-Dodge her Q, it's slow, a mobile champ like fizz would work
-Avoid being near her with chilled effect, her E's range is 650
-Long-range caster
-Deny blue buff
-Push the lane her tower, her attack animation is pretty terrible so either she uses her spells to last hit or lose cs, only works if she doesn't have level 6 or blue buff
-Harass her before level 6 when you know her Q is on cooldown, assuming you both have full health and Anivia isn't fed with cs or kill, the damage trade will go in your favor because she would only have her E to do any substantial damage
-Punish her if her mana is low, if the Anivia spams her spells trying to harass you she will lose her mana pretty quickly, then you can harass her freely without expecting much return damage

http://www.lolcounter.com/search.php?search=anivia

*I could not be 100% right because I do not main mid, but I played Anivia a lot when I just started LoL.

DaystarFire

09-05-2012

Any advice on how to beat Singed?

HowsHell

09-05-2012

My best advice for singed is that he is weak for the first few levels. Deny as much CS as possible and if possible try to zone him. Also remember to ward for ganks because he initiates ganks extremely well. I recently played a ranked game against singed as Ryze and I absolutley stomped him. I kept him zoned the whole laning phase and was up 70+ cs at 15 minutes and was up 3 levels. Also try not to leave your lane for extended periods of time. Singed can kill creep waves extremely fast and once he has enough CS and fully geared he's the biggest troll.

And the obvious... Never chase a Singed. He's the only guy that can kill you while running away.

DaystarFire

09-05-2012

Any tips for what sort of champion is best against him?