When to Respond to Jungler Ganks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dai Zhen

09-04-2012

In this match, I was the Corki with Janna. We were laning against Sivir and Soraka. My initial thought was to just be passive simply because I know that it's pretty useless to try to harass against a Soraka lane, and it's hard to burst down a Sivir because of Spell Shield. So I simply farmed passively until my jungler Shen came down to gank. The gank went well even though the enemy jungle Eve came to counter gank. We got away with a kill for me, an assist from killing Sivir, and my death to Sivir. After that, I thought I gained dominance over lane because I had more cs and kills/assists, so I started becoming aggressive. I really should have just stayed farming, because it is a Sivir and Soraka bot lane and I wouldn't win in trades. I made my lane give up a double kill. Shen then came to help again. The gank didn't go well. I think we gave up a kill or 2 for free.

Anyway, when should I respond to jungler ganks or tell him to leave because I think the gank won't help?

TVPMike

09-04-2012

Although adept Junglers can keep track of how much damage each enemy is able to dish out, it is far from a solid calculation. Sometimes you have to let your Jungler know when you need ganks and also when to back off. If your Jungler ever comes towards your lane to gank when you do not want a gank, ping his Champion. Most Junglers understand and communicate in pings, so they will get your meaning. If not, type a quick "Leave" and he should leave. If not, then go in enough to support him so he doesn't die, but not enough to endanger yourself or to show you support the gank.

Always remember, whether you are the laner or the Jungler, never try and force a gank. It rarely turns out positive for your team.

Dai Zhen

09-04-2012

thank you, although whenever a type "leave" i hate how the jungler always gets mad and then just keeps trying to gank, not an exact quote btw... half of the time it looks like rage...

TVPMike

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Zhen View Post
thank you, although whenever a type "leave" i hate how the jungler always gets mad and then just keeps trying to gank, not an exact quote btw... half of the time it looks like rage...
I know what you mean, I have seen Junglers do that too. I main Jungle and Mid, so I get a lot of it on both ends. However, sometimes as a Jungler I either get desperate from being held back or I get cocky from doing well and I end up making stupid calls from forced ganks. I usually catch myself before I make the mistake, but I always respect the lane that can tell I am about to make it too. Makes me feel like I have more of a unified team.

(PS - Thanks for the LolCounter link. Never heard of it until now, but it looks really useful. )