@Riot - Letting LoL Mature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Predakhan

10-12-2012

Great post op.

Eledhan

10-12-2012

If the support comp (a common example in this thread of Riot insta-nerfing OP strats) was truly nerfed in the very next patch because of the fact that it was OP... Doesn't that contradict what Riot has been telling us regarding the time necessary to do balance patches?

What I'm saying here is that I have a feeling that Riot already knew that the supports were over-powered, and Dignitas was just the first team to realize it and utilize the concepts in tournament play.

I think it's entirely possible that Riot many times has already seen that there is an issue with a champ/comp/role/item concept, but is waiting to see if anything ever happens because of it. Other times, I think because the game is so ridiculously huge, Riot doesn't always see things until the widely viewed pro scene discovers/displays it for a large portion of the playerbase to see.

But in those cases, it seems like there is much more time between when Riot notices it, and when they are able to actually do something about it...Urgot was used by M5 in that insane comeback game months prior to the nerf to him...

I'm sure people can always find examples to support their own theories, but honestly, do you really think that blatantly OP concepts should be allowed to remain in the game? OP to the extent that if a team/player utilizes it, all of a sudden their chances of success are dramatically improved over all other known options?

Mayan Snipe Jock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Bump

Mayan Snipe Jock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Bump =D Still would like some red input

Freudia

10-20-2012

I'd like to see a Red response regarding this. Will give support.

Mayan Snipe Jock

10-22-2012

Bump =D

Malefic Vision

10-22-2012

bump4red

Winterstride

10-22-2012

You don't understand because you're not making any effort to seek out their explanations behind these nerfs Stringing together a bunch of events and assigning intent and reason behind it for no reason other than you can does not a pattern make.

Set the tinfoil hat aside for a moment and seek out the explanations for the nerfs you mentioned and why they did them.

Uber Bonisseur

10-22-2012

It's too late.

DotA is much closer to perfect imbalance than LoL ever tried to be; with the sheer number of "rationalized" stats like AP, Armor and Mrcompared to Str/Agi/Int, it's more of a balance through numbers than a balance through abilities, while DotA has to innovate and eventually design counters using active items, and the "Rules of design" that limit the potential of LoL's champion kits with no such things as team interaction

Zanathax

10-22-2012

Nerfing a new champion that comes into the game overpowered is one thing. Even in this case, I think that they need to wait longer to nerf these champions, or at least make the first round MUCH smaller than they have in the past. Just as the OP talks about, many times it's merely a matter of having to get used to a new champion's mechanics and learning what to do and when to do it to counter him in lane.

The part that disturbs me is older champions being nerfed because of newly discovered strategies involving them. That tells me one of two things. One, the champion has been OP the whole time and only when that champion became FOTM did he get nerfed, OR the new strategy is the problem.

Either of these is pretty disturbing. I just hope that Riot gets the Season 3 jungle changes right. I am sick to death of everyone thinking it's ok to take my jungle because they see the pros doing it in tournaments. There's a reason that manaless junglers are all the rage in pro ranks - so they don;t need blue. If you happen to be playing a jungler that DOES need it, the entire team will jump on you if you don't let mid have the second one.

Just silly. Needs to stop - that and thinking it's ok to take wraiths and wolves... usually because they're at 30 CS at 10 minutes.... yes, by all means, starve the jungler ALSO because you can't last hit.