(Guide)AP Shaco: Toggle the Clown!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyStinsonn View Post
Ok i have a question since this guide is old for almost a month now im just wondering are you still using the same item and ability setups as AP shaco?im curently only concetrating on playing shaco and cant make up my mind for AP shaco or AD shaco,mostly i enjoyed more for now AP shaco thru your guide.and whats the big difrence behind those 2 builds?AD Shaco get bigger crits with decive and AP contributes more from shiv and Jitb?Thank you there are bunch few guides out there for shaco,and i must say i like yours way more,cause shaco is my favorite hero and want to learn to play as much as i can with shaco.So if you got any new tips plz share
Yes i still use the same item build in fact its gotten better, Items have changed to were we get even more magic pen and new items like the haunting guise have been added to make our magic pen even greater.

The big difference between AD and AP shaco is that AD focuses on doing massive damage to only 1 player at a time, and AP shaco focuses on dealing damage to multiple. Both ap and ad can be countered with just the right amount of armor or magic resist, but the difference there is that people tend to get armor more then magic resist.

BarneyStinsonn

12-10-2009

Thank you for the fast answer and explanation

Lycan Von Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

I was going AP shaco and half my group quit playing because i did so. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem

T0ggle

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycaon View Post
I was going AP shaco and half my group quit playing because i did so. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem
Have no idea what your talking about.

Lycan Von Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
Have no idea what your talking about.
I grabbed my first AP item and my teammate said "AP Shaco... noob" and then he and 2 others decided to just stand in base until we could surrender.

T0ggle

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycaon View Post
I grabbed my first AP item and my teammate said "AP Shaco... noob" and then he and 2 others decided to just stand in base until we could surrender.
I find that hard to believe, but looks like you just had a bad matchmake.

Merakon

Master Recruiter

12-11-2009

Few questions from a noob who just unlocked Shaco.

How often does Golem respawn, and do you need to kill the dragons in order for him to respawn? If I don't kill them he never seems to respawn.

When ganking what do you usually open with? Decieve behind them, drop a Jitb behind them, throw a shiv to get the extra 25% from behind before they turn around, auto attack critting with deceive, then continue auto attacking until they are in ignite kill range or your shiv cd finishes?

Also how do you usually lane? Keep a Jitb nest setup in the bushes out of creep range while hassling with shiv whenever its ready? When do you try to go for the kill, when you get deceive at 4 so you can get behind them for the bonus damage?

Also what about Exhaust or cleanse instead of rally? Surely exhaust will get you a few more kills, while cleanse + deceive make you nigh unkillable?

Thanks.

mermin

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
Don't know if your here to bash on my guide, but your guide is a bit childish.
lets go over the facts here shall we?
1.more then half of every game you partake in a tank will always have more armor then magic resist, and if theres 2 or less people using ap on your team the other side is more then likely never to get over 80magic resist. so take in the fact that i'm always going to do full 700+ damage with shivs and your never going to get those 1k hits because their armor is to high.
2.jack in the boxes serve a greater purpose, while your decieve can only hit one person at a time and have a CD my jack in the boxes can fear entire groups of enemys at once to control the battlefield, making this type of shaco a more 5v5 gank friendly.
3.jack in the boxes can be massed, and if their damage reachs 250+ 5 turrets in one spot can take 2-3 enemys easy considering they get in close enough and you shiv so that can't run away. were as deceive still cannot match it!
4.attack damage can only benifit 2 things, shiv and decieve, and shiv only takes in half of your attack damage, were as AP benifits jack in the box, shiv(more then attack) and hallucinate.

Your guide is small and doesn't cover a lot of facts, it also sounds very childish the way you use your words and call it your "super saiyan" build. this isn't dragon ball Z, that show sucked, and this is a clown!

my final point I would like to make, you have no idea what a real skilled player is.
I am in fact a skilled shaco player, my hallucinates always get a hit in on you bombing your hp to nearly nothing, my shivs always 1hit KO squishys with 75% hp or less, and my jack in the boxes always, always find a way.
o **** its on lets get a 1v1 ap vs dmg shaco game fraps plz

T0ggle

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merakon View Post
Few questions from a noob who just unlocked Shaco.

How often does Golem respawn, and do you need to kill the dragons in order for him to respawn? If I don't kill them he never seems to respawn.

When ganking what do you usually open with? Decieve behind them, drop a Jitb behind them, throw a shiv to get the extra 25% from behind before they turn around, auto attack critting with deceive, then continue auto attacking until they are in ignite kill range or your shiv cd finishes?

Also how do you usually lane? Keep a Jitb nest setup in the bushes out of creep range while hassling with shiv whenever its ready? When do you try to go for the kill, when you get deceive at 4 so you can get behind them for the bonus damage?

Also what about Exhaust or cleanse instead of rally? Surely exhaust will get you a few more kills, while cleanse + deceive make you nigh unkillable?

Thanks.
I don't know exacly how long the respawns are on minions, i never took the time to test it. you don't need to kill dragons for them to respawn, just wait a short while and they will respawn.(you can tell then the symbol shows up on your minimap that he has respawned)

When opening a gank I decieve at least 2-3 feet behind them, so that when i post my jack in the box far enough its perfect for them to run into it. Then I backstab them from behind or in front(depending on if they turn around sometimes the boxes are out of range for them to notice i'm coming for them) Shiv, they get feared, shiv again.
If they run around a tower you could always go near a wall decieve to get in close enough to finish hit with a shiv, and most commonly you need ignite to do it.
when ganking or just normaly fighting 2v2 you have to constantly harass with shiv, just don't harass with level 1 shiv, 40damage is pretty sad and wastes a lot of mana.

when your normaly laning, after you take golem you should have 75%+ exp already, so leveling is faster then them, post jack in the boxes sometimes(if your teamate harasses with you) but as soon as you hit level 3 and have level 2 shiv start harassing with shiv, when they have low hp and run i don't normaly have to deceive, it costs to much mana and Ignite finishs them off just fine. Just make sure your teamate is good at harassment and can attack when you do, so that its a coordinated nuke.

Cleanse on Shaco is sad, your an assassin, you shouldn't be worrying about getting stuned or slowed because you nuke and run, and during a 5v5 gank you control then shiv squishys. exhaust is a spell used for AD shaco, not AP, Shiv already slows their movement speed.
I use rally because it not only heals the whole team over time but gives me 20%+ AP wich late game poses a huge threat. its a great spell to benifit the whole team and can be used like you would with masochism on mundo. But I only suggest using rally if your a pro, you should practice with heal first for awhile, till you get a feel for things and don't need instant heals.

T0ggle

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermin View Post
o **** its on lets get a 1v1 ap vs dmg shaco game fraps plz
I would like to see that, but I bet its wether or not the AD shaco gets his deceive in first.
That wouldn't prove much though, I explained how much better ap shaco is in a group battle, not 1v1.