(Guide)AP Shaco: Toggle the Clown!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
All that is. is Jesse Perring saying "(I believe)". As in "I am not 100% sure". Its cool, you don't need to believe me. All you have to do is go and take 5 minutes of your time and test it vs Ancient Golem. You'll see that jitb does increased damage to Ancient Golem due to negative magic resist.

I'm not trying to attack your guide or you. I'm simply trying to clear up some misinformation that is being passed off here. You however seem to be too stubborn to even go test this and just went to attempt to insult me. I just hope people will read this and make sure to test it for themselves so they know what's correct.
What you are suggesting is that heimers turrets also do magic damage, jitbs are considered a minion, and minions deal AD.
I've tested the jitbs against normal champions, and they deal exactly the amount of damage they deal regardless of magic resist status on the enemy.

And yet again, Im getting thumbs down and thumbs up to your posts as soon as you post yours. I test out everything before I post a guide, this isn't stubborness this is facts, and your feeding me + the community that look at my guides bull****.

If you can't trust the customer support teams opinion, its you thats being stubborn, thats the actualy riot staff, your nothing more then a player.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
What you are suggesting is that heimers turrets also do magic damage, jitbs are considered a minion, and minions deal AD.
I've tested the jitbs against normal champions, and they deal exactly the amount of damage they deal regardless of magic resist status on the enemy.

And yet again, Im getting thumbs down and thumbs up to your posts as soon as you post yours. I test out everything before I post a guide, this isn't stubborness this is facts, and your feeding me + the community that look at my guides bull****.

If you can't trust the customer support teams opinion, its you thats being stubborn, thats the actualy riot staff, your nothing more then a player.
Level 1 jitb does 35 damage a shot. Ancient golem has -30 MR. Level 1 jitb hits Ancient Golem for 43 damage a shot. Level 1 jitb does 8 extra damage to Ancient Golem. 8/35 = 0.228 or approx 23% which is how much Ancient Golem's negative magic resist increases magic damage by. Ancient Golem has 19 armor, so should take 19% reduced damage from jitb IF it did physical damage.

Lesser Wraith has 0 MR. Level 1 jitb hits Lesser Wraith for 35 damage a shot. Lesser wraith has 30 armor, so should take 23% reduced damage IF jitb did physical damage.

Shaco's Jack in the Box does magic damage.

T0ggle

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
Level 1 jitb does 35 damage a shot. Ancient golem has -30 MR. Level 1 jitb hits Ancient Golem for 43 damage a shot. Level 1 jitb does 8 extra damage to Ancient Golem. 8/35 = 0.228 or approx 23% which is how much Ancient Golem's negative magic resist increases magic damage by. Ancient Golem has 19 armor, so should take 19% reduced damage from jitb IF it did physical damage.

Lesser Wraith has 0 MR. Level 1 jitb hits Lesser Wraith for 35 damage a shot. Lesser wraith has 30 armor, so should take 23% reduced damage IF jitb did physical damage.

Shaco's Jack in the Box does magic damage.
I'm not about to admit to anything you say till an admin says otherwise.

inept

01-06-2010

this guy is such a clown no wonder he plays shaco, huge ego, stupid flames, and generally a *****.

Rate My Post

01-06-2010

Good guide indeed, I'll see about the other ones you have later.

Inept, I could qoute you on this but i'm to lazy, didn't you say earlier you were done with posting on this guide?
And I'm lmao'ing that I have to actualy rate thumbs up on his posts, because they all have thumbs down.
Toggle has done nothing wrong here, hes replying to everyones posts and they are just attacking him with smartass insults and calling out him for a stubborn egotistic person.
I really think an admin should step in and do something about these people, I can see it must aggravate you a lot T0ggle. I'll report these trolls to riot for offensive content.

T0ggle

01-06-2010

Thanks, its good to hear that the community notices these kids are just trolling my posts.
It doesn't make any sense to me, its like get a life for ****s sake, **** kids have nothing better to do then bother my thread.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Wow T0ggle, can't take constructive criticism? Why ask an "admin" when you can figure all of this out yourself?

Jozen is only pointing out mechanics that have been established by players since closed beta. It is obvious that you have not read the stickied Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics Thread (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287) on the top of the Guides & Strategy forums.

Quote:
Q: What counts as a magical attack and what counts as a physical attack?

A: The general rule of thumb is that auto-attacks (where you right-click an enemy) are physical and spells (cast with Q,W,E,R) are magical. However, there are exceptions to this rule. In the case of Ashe's Frost Arrow it still appears to deal physical damage, but the slowing affect is magical. This is why if you have Morgana's Black Shield on (blocks magical damage) you still take damage from the attack, but you do not get slowed. Another notable exception is Gangplank's Parley, which can both be dodged (can only happen with physical attacks) but can also be absorbed by Morgana's Black Shield.
Of which, Ashe's Volley is described as "Ashe fires 9 arrows in a cone dealing attack damage +40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80" and Gangplank's Parlay is described as "Gangplank shoots a target unit for 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 plus 65% of his attack damage as magic damage. Gangplank gains 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 extra gold if Parley deals a killing blow. This ability is affected by critical strike and applies on hit effects." Shaco's Jack in the Box skill has no indication that it does attack damage

I got curious as well and tested it out, attached are the screenshots of my result.

Also, from the same thread, about magic reduction vs magic penetration:
Quote:
Q: Can you reduce armor or magic resistance below 0?

A: Yes, although the only things that can reduce below 0 is Armor/MR Reduction. Both percentage and flat penetration do not have an effect after they get to 0 armor/MR
You claim that you have done your research and demanded proof. Well, I've done my research and I have my proof. Where is yours?

T0ggle

01-06-2010

The admins are the ones that created this game, and if they created jitbs to do physical damage, then why should I take your criticism?
I asked the support team a long time ago this question, wether or not jitbs deal magic damage. They answered it deals physical because its considered a minion, just like heimers turrets are considerd minions.
So to me, your just another flamer, I mean, I'll gladly admit to it being magical damage if the admins say otherwise. But untill then, its your bull**** vers help support team.

Reason behind why i'm so pissy to everryone that insults me now can be found by reading all the comments on my guides.
Just do me that as a favor, you owe me that much, to truly understand my aggravation.
All these posts that are directed towards me, smartass, personal image attacks, high expectations.
I just wrote this guide originaly for my buddys and people that played against me, so many people asked me how I set my runes, skill path, etc. After doing so, I've gotten a lot of good feedback and I apprechiate all of it. But then....Then people started calling me ego because they lost on my team. If your a child, that was somehow in my game and died to much, you take the blame out on me and then go to the forum were you troll me. Then you ask your buddys to help out, and its not just that, if i'm up against an enemy who thinks i'm "whining", they come here and bash on me.

I have no ego, i'm no mean person, the good community knows that, my Issue in games is stupidity. If I see someone doing something stupid, I over react, i'm not going to apologize for it because its just the way I am. I hate stupidity, and I hate kids that troll with the words qq, cry, whine, etc.

If you see my raging in game, its over morons, play smart and I have no problem, if you die not from stupidity and just from a fair fight, I won't yell at you. but if you can't support me in harassing and aggressiveness, if you see me being attacked by 2 people and just sit in the bushes with full hp/mana, i'm going to go nuts in chat.

Tarion

01-07-2010

T0ggle man... I don't know what to say. At the beginning I was on your side, I really was. But your responses to Jozen and UrQuan on this page have really lost me.

They have provided ingame proof that you're wrong. Accept it. Move on.

If you post something on the forums, you have to accept a peer review. If you're wrong, you have to face that. It happens.

I 100% agree with you that there's been trolling here. I also think that's wrong, and hope that Pendragon will stop by and clean up the thread. But that doesn't mean that you should shut down to genuine discussion. Otherwise you're proving the trolls right when they call you arrogant.

Resistance reduction and penetration are different.
JitBs do magic damage. Both proven.

T0ggle

01-07-2010

Not being stubborn here, but still I remain on the admins side on this one.
If the support riot staff tell me jitbs do physical damage, then it does just that, no matter what either of you say.
The community itsef does no decide on game physics, the developers and riiot staff made this game the way it is, so how ever they say it is, it is just that.
Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying, for that i'm sorry you do not.
Aside from all that, and all the trolling, I am basicly tired of it all.
The community can either back me up, start posting their thoughts, rate my posts, and ask me for advice nicely, or I will not respond at all, if there was a way to put these people on forum ignore list, believe me id have it full by now.