Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Guide)AP Shaco: Toggle the Clown!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
12-26-2009

Quote:
Sad Faced Panda:
Pro tip: pro's don't need guides.

Also, if you're controlling your pets without alt clicking then 'your bad'.

This is a smartass comment and I take offense to it, please don't troll this guide like the rest of these kids have.
pros and noobs need and use guides, by saying Pro what I meant by it was smart people in general.
Stupid people will read this guide, try to pull it off, fail and then blame it on me or my guide.
smart people will take this guide and pull it off with good results.

about the pet controlling thing, I have my sensitivty up all the way and I click around very fast so its no big deal for me to click my pet and move it around, some people perfer to ctrl shift but it doesn't matter to me.

EnronTheGreat

12-26-2009

Quote:
T0ggle:
This is a smartass comment and I take offense to it, please don't troll this guide like the rest of these kids have.
pros and noobs need and use guides, by saying Pro what I meant by it was smart people in general.
Stupid people will read this guide, try to pull it off, fail and then blame it on me or my guide.
smart people will take this guide and pull it off with good results.

about the pet controlling thing, I have my sensitivty up all the way and I click around very fast so its no big deal for me to click my pet and move it around, some people perfer to ctrl shift but it doesn't matter to me.

There are so many inaccuracies that you post its really quite boggling... (Really? Jitbs dealing 4200 dmg?! Riiiight) Your guide surmounts to "U can kill the blue golem with jitbs in the begining, if your team sucks and doesn't do dragon first." You are an egocentric. Plain and simple, i'm sick of your demeaning condescending replies to anyone that has a question. Your grasp of the english language is how you play the game.

As someone else said, I'm done with this thread and its OP.
I also never said i was "done with this thread" till now, arguing with you is like arguing with a kid with a helmet on taking your tickets at the movie theatre. It just isn't going anywhere. Go ahead and reread my old posts.
edit:Cleaned up by me, never post when you have been drinking ;D

12-26-2009

Quote:
EnronTheGreat:
Who cares what you take offense to you condescending ****. News flash, YOU AREN'T PRO. There are so many inaccuracies that you post its really quite boggling... (Really? Jitbs dealing 4200 dmg?! Riiiight) Your guide is for people who can't tell thier right from thier left, and really surmounts to "U can kill the blue golem with jitbs in the begining, if your team sucks and doesn't do dragon first." You are an egocentric idiot. Plain and simple, i'm sick of your demeaning condescending replies to anyone that has a question. Your grasp of the english language is how you play the game.

As someone else said, I'm done with this **** thread and its **** OP. Fyi: Your guide isnt for "pro's."

Dude really, get a life and quit posting on my thread, nobody cares what you have to say.
How many times are you going to say your done with my thread and then come back to troll me?

pasky

12-26-2009

This guide is really nice and well built, i'm glad you posted it. I would really like to see some video of you doing this shiv fear shiv thing, i can't do it right. also i would like some more advice about where to place my jitbs depending on situations. Last thing, is catalyst a viable option for first item ?

12-27-2009

Quote:
pasky:
This guide is really nice and well built, i'm glad you posted it. I would really like to see some video of you doing this shiv fear shiv thing, i can't do it right. also i would like some more advice about where to place my jitbs depending on situations. Last thing, is catalyst a viable option for first item ?

Ya like I said about this before, making videos is hard because the max timer Xfire allows is 30minutes, so I have to sortove start videoing when my team is aggressive because nobody wants to see early game 25minutes of ****.
And getting on xfire with bad internet poses another threat.
I wouldn't suggest catalyst, getting that HP regen helps shrug off harassment and a few golem damage you may take early game till you get philosophers stone and if you can get philosophers stone by 8minutes or less(by 8minutes I normaly have philo and boots if not more) the gold gain will be worth it late game.

panguss

12-27-2009

This is a good Shaco AP build, lol u saved me the trouble of having to make one but heres a DPS build i made and i get higher scores with than any AP build. http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=40736

pasky

12-27-2009

Have you tried to use FRAPS to record videos? also there are some software to play with videos, so you can only keep the inter resting parts and put them on youtube. Thx for adding me in your friend list to i appreciate. I've been messing around with your build a lot recently and I really love to play shaco now. It's all about mind games hehe. One of my problem is i run out of mana really quickly early game, even with the regen from philo stone... thats why I was asking about catalyst. Also, if I go for catalyst, which means starting with a mana gem, i can buy 2 health pots which can do the job until i get catalyst... otherwise i really run out of mana and have to go back to base. Maybe i harass to much ?

12-27-2009

@panguss
I like how you took the time to say my build is good, but the way you advertised your build made you look like a jerk. The way you said " i get higher scores with than any AP build" gives off the wrong idea that ad is better then ap.
Took a look at your guide and I don't like it, For starters you said jitbs aren't very usefull.
secondly why get phantom dancer when you can get triforce for speed, increased AD and att speed.
Also your guide is called "tips for ap shaco" Wich basicly means you trick people into thinking their going to get tips and instead end up with a short AD build, I won't even call this a guide, just a "build".
lastly, It wasn't a very detailed guide with explanations, leading me to think you never really thought this out before you made it.

@pasky
Fraps cost money and the quality has never been any better then xfire.
Well If you get the golem you should have full mana to post a few jitbs for aggressive level 1-3pushing with your laning buddy and when you hit level 3 your shivs do good harassment damage + you'll still have around 20+seconds I believe till it runs out.
When you get philo conserving mana isn't that hard and if you use a ton of your mana you should get a kill in depending on if your partner is willing to go all out with you. Otherwise just wait till level 6 and get golem again.

HadMan

12-27-2009

IMO attack damage exceeds AP. Your guide is so un-organized. It is not in the general area for such, and things just jump from one point to the other.

With attack have you taken in consideration that Sheen + Bloodthirster + B. Greaves + Infinity Edge can easily exceed the damage output of AP. Jack in the Boxes do take a while to set up and as said a good opponent can easily escape out of range or AoE them to death. I did not read every one of the 10 pages but I still feel that Damage can exceed AP. After a Sheen + Crit attack I can deal around 800+ damage every time after my abilities.

This was mentioned earlier but I would think that Lich Bane would still be better than Abyssal.
Say you have 400 AP with Lichbane. Your following attack will deal around 700-800 Damage after you used Shiv. Now without bane you can Shiv then attack for like 100. So by having your enemies resist mitigated you are doing, what 600 damage with that 400 AP Shiv or so (I am not sure on ratios and at work so rushing) then 100 which is 700 damage total. = to 1 Normal Attack after Bane.

The combo with normal attack goes (with my damage build): Deceive - Attack (500-600 [800-1000 if normal crit]) - Shiv (200-300 damage) - Attack (500-600[800-1000 if normal crit]). It is very often to crit and the amount of lifesteal, damage and attack speed makes it very easy to rack up kills. I once took out a Tryndanmere, Ashe and Nidalee at the same time without feeds.

Now perhaps I misunderstood but from my opinion Physical > AP. Overall your guide was reliable with starting tips and links bet then quickly fell.

pasky

12-27-2009

Yah i've been playing a lot more with shaco and philostone is the way to go, in fact, i follow exactly this guide and i do great. Most of the time i get like 1 or 2 death and over 10 kills with a LOT of assist to. if I ever see you online ill ask you to play a game with me and some other good players i know so you can give me advice.