Eve: An Expert's Guide to the League's True Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jitt3rs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

New guide: http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...rue%20Assassin

I'm open to suggestions and I look forward to your comments and ratings .

Slide

02-09-2010

Your skill build lists rupture. I believe you ment Ravage.

Aside from that, seems like a good guide.

Not that Im an Evelynn player........

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

>>Expert
>>Eve

oxymoron.

SaiBot

02-09-2010

I've recently found that Eve is viable before the 15 min mark. I've always assume that she sucked all game long but I guess she is ok for the laning phase and maybe a bit mid game.

Anyway Eve is gonna get buffed, before then, I suggest you to play someone else.

Fbsunny

02-09-2010

Abyssal Scepter is actually more useful if they are not stacking MR. With the debuff from ravage you would be able to take enemies who didn't get any MR items negative, allowing hate spike to do even more damage. Improved Exhaust would also help with this, lowering it by another 15 (i think).

Fuertisimo

02-09-2010

This is the most comprehensive guide to Eve I have read, and I have been playing Eve exclusively for about 250 games now.

There are a couple of points from which I choose a different path than this guide, but it is quite good in my opinion.

One major difference between my own build and the guides that is interesting and worth looking into is that I typically build a deathsfire grasp very early, usually try to have it finished by 16 or 17 minutes. Once you have the DFG your burst is so intense for that point in the game that you sometimes can literally just run around 1 shotting anything squishy.

Deathsfire Grasp imo is also completely invaluable because my feeling is that Eve's greatest asset is burst damage, and DFG enhances that throughout the game, whether you're trying to quickly burst down a hero with an escape mechanism or flash, or you're trying to eat into a tanks hitpoints it really is the second most valuable item for evelynn behind sheen/lich bane imo.

The guide does a very good job of breaking down the strategical/tactical implications of playing Evelynn as well, though I tend to lean a bit more towards a more aggressive approach to team battles. The most important thing is timing of entry however, but if you time it right you can do significant damage and survive thanks to the life regen mechanism of Eve's ult.

Another thing that cant be overlooked is the way Eve can chain kills in running teamfights, thanks again to this HP regeneration. Oftentimes you may appear weak, but thanks to consecutive hero kills that regen your health you will actually be in a position of strength.

One more thing to look into is possibly swapping some of your runes for hitpoint runes. I personally find a couple of HP quints/seals to be invaluable for the early game, once I adopted those runes into my build my level 1/2/3 deaths dropped dramatically, because it makes you less vulnerable to a stun based early game kill attempt.

Jitt3rs

02-09-2010

Thanks for the comments everyone. You make some very valid points Fuertismo. I go back and forth between using HP seals/quints(or atleast seals) and will probably add this option to the guide.

The early DFG is VERY interesting. I remember testing it a few times before with mixed success(delaying on lichbane/soulstealer can hurt your dps as well), but 30%+ instant damage is pretty **** powerful. And it's a lot easier to open up with at melee range while you're stealthed than with say, Annie, or other people who usually use DFG. I will get back into the habit of testing this. Don't forget to rate +1 the guide on LC if you find it useful!

edit: I added a little write-up about the DFG in the guide and credited you Fuertismo. Thanks .

Empyron

02-10-2010

Looks good, but I never get past 4 items before game is over. Sheen, boots 1, Mejai's, boots upgrade, lich bane, DFG. Never gotten past that, but I suppose if I had I would go zhonya's or Rylai's sure.

Foreshadowed

02-10-2010

Thoughts about your suggested items and summoner skills

Boots of Mobility are an okay choice, still, there are better choices.

Zonya's before Rylai's wut? Waiting til your fourth item for some sort of health doesn't make sense..

Summoner Spells, Flash is only essential for Eve because you're building it to be essential..Ignite/Exhaust/Cleanse are better choices

My advice to Eve players would be....

Dont play her as AP, go physical carry. Physical Eve is better than AP. Whether you're in a low elo bracket or top tier you're better off not going AP.

Empyron

02-10-2010

Not a fan of physical eve, nor am I a fan of stacking HP on her.

She's hit and run character meant to spread panic in the enemy lines. someone off on their own? Gank them and run. Between stun, ravage and mad hate strikes + auto attacks they're dead in short order. Exhaust and ignite are the way to go. You shouldn't be getting hit as Eve therefore HP is unnecessary. Team fights or people that have oracles are trickier, but that's what you have teammates for. Try and pick off people hanging around at the edge of the battle or straggling behind their comrades.