Remove Oracles Extract.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I made a post recently in another thread claiming teemo's shrooms were OP and oracles didnt help. The post stated that oracles extract is usless in this TT2 anyway.

Reasons.
Doesn't let you see into bushes. There are a lot of them. And it won't help you there.
Goes away on death. TT2 is heavy on kills and deaths... it's a waist of 250g.
'New' Stealth lets you see most champs as they get into what would be oracles range anyway.
Hextech and Lantern are redundant over it.

Progressing Forward.
Add the active to Overlords Bloodmantle (or other tanky item)
Remove Extract.

This gives AP, AD, and Tank roles a suitable stealth counter item. At the same time it makes the stealth counter a sort of ability to counter at the right times rather than just completely nullifying all stealth champs.

Please comment and vote to get this in action.

FOODFOOD

11-14-2012

Let's say you're Leona, and you're on a team against WuKong, Talon & Akali. Neither of the stealth revealing items really synergize with your kit, but an Oracles Extract is less expensive than Oracles Elixer and will significantly help in team fights. In this situation, it's pretty important to get that Extract.

...Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Redenbacher

11-14-2012

^ This.

A tank can buy Oracle's, and it gives the enemies additional incentive to focus the tank rather than the carry. The AP or AD carry can buy Sweeper or Grez's, respectively for additional protection.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Let's say you're Leona, and you're on a team against WuKong, Talon & Akali. Neither of the stealth revealing items really synergize with your kit, but an Oracles Extract is less expensive than Oracles Elixer and will significantly help in team fights. In this situation, it's pretty important to get that Extract.

...Just playing Devil's Advocate here.
Take that arguement from that teams perspective. A tank gets maybe a little fed and has extra cash and grabs the extract. Then what, all of their stealth abilities are pretty much useless. And for how long? 5 min if the tank is too fed to be killed easily. That's a long time in a 3s match now.
How would my idea be different?
Well... the tank would just have an ability.. he sees one of them cast one of those abilities, reacts throws down the active site. It's countered for now... and in that area. This keeps those characters looking for the next chance to cast that ability and maybe get something out of it.

I see where you are coming from. But I am looking for balance, as I play stealth dependent characters as well as tanks. As a tank, when I buy extract, I am laughing at those stealth champs because they can't hide... that is like their defense. They have lower hp to balance the stealth. Delete the stealth basically, and you have just nerfed that character.

Sistin

11-14-2012

mad