sorceres boots and void staff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mr underhilI

09-04-2012

whats the difference between them?

does it matter if i only have void staff with someother boots?

does the 40% on void staff means it will multiply my +20 from boots?

and once you get void staff, is it alright to sell your sorce boots and get an other kind or should you keep them.

please answer these questions for me thank you in advance.

Cenerae

09-04-2012

% penetration is calculated after flat penetration, iirc.

So, sorc shoes lower an enemy's magic resist by 20, then void staff takes 40% of the remainder away.

Having both is fine, considering that void staff is only bought to counter high MR targets anyway.

It is probably better to keep your sorc shoes when you have a void staff, unless you're tanky enough that merc treads will actually matter. But you have Hourglass as a build option, so you shouldn't need to.

Pushover

09-04-2012

On some champions (Vlad comes to mind) once you reach the very lategame and built a Void Staff, you probably do want to switch to CDR boots, but this rarely comes up anyway.

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

It's better not to mix MR reduction or flat penetration with % penetration, because the first one will reduce the effectiveness of the second. Either go all % penetration or all MR reduction / flat penetration.

FaerellG

09-04-2012

I believe the current strategy for AP champs is to start with Sorc Boots to maximize burst.
When it comes time to buy a Void staff, they replace the Sorc boots with Ionians for the CDR if they need it.

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

I don' usually buy Void Staff, only if they build more than 100 MR. I prefer Abyssal Scepter, since it gives me more AP, MR and synergises better with MPen runes.

superpenguinx

09-04-2012

I have a question around early game, and fiddlesticks..

if fiddlesticks has a passive of -10 MR, and he picks up a Sorcerers shoes (+20 MP) .. does that mean, that an enemy champion with no MR runes will take FULL magic damage ? .. because default champions have 30.

Before you get boots, instead of full AP runes, does having some MP runes help for additional damage ? But after boots, these runes are wasted ?

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpenguinx View Post
I have a question around early game, and fiddlesticks..

if fiddlesticks has a passive of -10 MR, and he picks up a Sorcerers shoes (+20 MP) .. does that mean, that an enemy champion with no MR runes will take FULL magic damage ? .. because default champions have 30.

Before you get boots, instead of full AP runes, does having some MP runes help for additional damage ? But after boots, these runes are wasted ?
It depends, Magic reduction is different than Magic Penetration. Magic Reduction (Fid's passive) can raise damage if it takes MR below zero. Magic Penetration, on the other said, is wasted if MR is already zero or below.

superpenguinx

09-04-2012

so whats better for Fiddlesticks

Full AP runes ? or some AP runes and some MP ? anyone done the math ?

FYI I max E first, and quite often use it to push people out of lane.. get level 6, B for item+mana, teleport to a ward in bush at bottom and then R out.

superpenguinx

09-05-2012

someone knows the answer ..