Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heavyes

09-05-2012

2 things:

First off great sale. I myself bought RP just before the sale and my concern isn't so much that I did/did not get the benefits but rather my point would be a little heads up would be great!

If we were forewarned by say a week it would alleviate a lot of stress. Often times I have to struggle with the ability to get RP, as with a full courseload sometimes the most I can afford is to quickly scan the league frontpage sometimes missing sales. With some forewarning it would be possible to schedule times to quickly log on during busy weeks for purchasing sale items or RP. I can't imagine how it must be for people who work long weeks and may not be able to even log in during a full week.

Also forewarning is a great way to implement bringing back limited skins. If you give say a months notice and say "We're bringing back all the xmas skins but only for 1 Day!" This would be decent I would think since you only have one day, but you had a month's forewarning. Also it would be nice to do something for the games anniversary and this would be a cool way to incorporate it by bringing back skins for a limited time. I have always thought it wierd that Riot never celebrated the launch of LoL because I know I do every October!

Secondly would it be possible to introduce some player voting into what goes on sale? For example hold a poll in GD on which 3 champions the community would like to see on sale. Setting it so once champions have gone on sale they cannot go on sale until all others have been or alternatively champions who havent been on sale for so many weeks get a padding of votes or something to make everyone pop up eventually. I just think this is something that could really get the community involved and interactive on a bi-weekly basis. This would probably work best for champions, but if you are ambitious try it with skins too. Ofc new releases will not enter the poll until they have been out for a significant duration.

Even if only 1 of the champions was voted on I just think it would be really cool and I know I could get behind that!

Also welcome! Remember to get some sleep I'm sure your working non-stop (Shouldn't be too hard after you read this wall, sry!)

Coppermouth

09-05-2012

i love you

KultoDeSkaro

09-05-2012

Just bought some RP to support this thread <3.

And btw your avatar is pure win

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-05-2012

Quote:
FreestyleKneepad:
Does this mean Hippalus is the name of the little shop yordle in game?

It is if I have anything to say about it. Which I don't. But that's a way better name for a yordle than Billy Bob.

Quote:
wildfire47:
So you grew up in SoCal That is where I live mind if i ask witch city you grew up in?

San Diego, where it's never too hot or too cold, and where you can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon. Our sports teams generally suck though.

Quote:
konfetarius:
Are you the new guy responsible for handing out the minor tourney RP prizes? Because you are on the ball, if you are him.

I am not him, but if I can find him, I'll pass along your comment!

Quote:
Jortalus:
Do you know who writes up the sales? Ever since the sale descriptions have started taking on the mannerisms of various champions, they have been much more pleasant to read. I'd like to thank the person who came up with that idea, as well as the one(or many) who has been writing them all.

They sit down the hall and I agree they do great work - thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Astokath:
you are answering many questions of the NA-Community, are you going to answer us at the EU-Community as well? you never replied to even one serious question...

I have intended to head over there when I catch up here but that might have been an overly ambitious goal. Given how much work there is to do to on all of these ideas, I hate to spend time answering the same questions in two (or 3 or 4) places. Any ideas to solve that?

Quote:
Daharahj:
Wow no answer for brazilian server players :/

The Brazilian server is very new and most decisions are being made in Brazil, so I do not have a lot of answers. I do know they've been working nonstop to try to make the launch as smooth as possible for players.

Quote:
Guttler:
A few questions:

1.Are you the guy who used to manage a hedgefund? What is that like?

2. I like how older champions go down in price overtime. Are there any plans for older skins to drop in price overtime too?

3. Any chance we will see a system where we can send gifts to other summoners?

Running a hedge fund was insanely great at times and some of the worst days of my life at others. All in all, I'm glad I did it, but am happy to be here at Riot where my biggest problems have to do with things like rune pages and grinding!

No plans for skin price decreases based on age, but we are looking at skin prices relative to quality, mostly in relation to new skins.

As for gifting, yes, there is a chance that will happen by the holidays.

Quote:
Buk Wild:
Aww you cut out the more important part of my post

I got to it later...but I am sure I missed many other good questions, either accidentally or because I had answered a similar one, or because I didn't know the answer. Feel free to repost a question if it hasn't been mostly answered in one of my previous posts.

Quote:
pramit the great:
will there by any change on the pricing of rune and rune pages? I been so long and riot just keeps avoiding the issue. IIRC there is a thread with 1500+ upvotes still not responded to by a rioter.

Answered here already, and I will track that thread down once I have a more concrete plan for rune pages.

Quote:
Jezzail07:
Hello! I have some ideas/feedback that I'd like to share with you, but it's too extensive I was wondering if you have any email account you could check. Thanks for your time.

Just break it up into pieces and post it here, so others can give feedback as well.

Wightraven

Recruiter

09-05-2012

I don't have any questions really, but since you're using this thread for research I'll just add that I think it's a good idea to bring back the holiday skins around that specific time of year, but maybe not the legacy skins (unless you wanted to do it for a Riot anniversary or something?) I know people tend to like these skins and I myself would spend actual money on Vladimir tomorrow if it meant I could get his Nosferatu skin.

You mentioned communicating in advance when certain champions might have their prices reduced... I think that's a great idea. There's a number of champs that I've dragged my feet on wondering if they'd up and get their IP cost dropped *JUST* outside the window of my purchase or something. As it stands I've become kind of uneasy about buying older 6300 or 4800 champs because I never know when they're going to be dropped, if at all. Letting us know "X number of champs will be price dropped on Tuesday" or "we will price drop every two months on the last week of that month" or something would really help my purchasing decisions.

Splontot

09-05-2012

What are your thoughts on kpop?

Tycoon

09-05-2012

by sending gifts to other summoners do you mean just rp? or does that include skins or ip boosts as well? I know of a few friends with multiple accounts who would be glad to be able to get everything onto one account. Just wondering.

Edit: this may not be eCommerce but could you explain why there was no olympic skins this year? This may be asking much, but this is basically the most international event there is, and League of legends is a game played on an international level, so why wouldn't you guys take advantage of this? It would serve for a great event, again.

Xemozu

09-05-2012

Hi. You're my favorite Riot member so far, not avoiding/sidestepping the hard questions, but answering them truthfully to your best. I do hope we see these promises getting traction soon enough, it's been numerous times that we've been left with just "words" and no actual action.

Also, would you consider some kind of skin preview system? As in, you get to test a champion skin for a single match, with little to no cost (in IP preferably) it's certainly a much better/faster/easier way of helping us decide whether we want to get a skin or not, compared to the alternate methods, like low res youtube videos, or "swapping" the skins inside the game folder.

HeyLPG

09-05-2012

Hey eCommerce dude. Why is that you discounted Cailtyn over Ezreal even though Caitlyn was released way after? Is it safe me to say that champion discounts are determined by champion popularity and not by order of release? Because if that's true that doesn't seem very fair, I mean from a business standpoint I bet it's perfectly fine but from a players point of view it's kind of, and excuse me for saying this, kind of "jewish".

I'd really like a response to this whenever you're free to do so.

YamiBelgarath

09-05-2012

Quote:
Odie el perro:
Dat choice of words. Dat 1337ism. really?

This. I have no strong desire to buy limited skins. But a lot of the people who have them who don't want other people to get them are talking like they somehow deserve them just for being in the right time and place with money and desire.

I do respect that people who have been playing this game longer should have skins the rest of us don't get. But try and say it less like internet trolls, and more like decent people who are proud of what they have.