Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Actually you're wrong. "What can we do to create more awesome for players?" is exactly what the top people at Riot grill us employees on every day. I never said they don't care about Riot's financial health, because they do, but it's just not the primary focus that it is at other companies that are run by businesspeople and not gamers.
If Scorched Earth Xerath was shelved because "not many players play Xerath" then I would be a very sad Xerath player indeed

The only time I would accuse Riot of being a greedy, "money first" company is if they decided to make Armor of the Fifth Age Taric Legacy status. Because we all know that everyone would buy it to unsure they never missed out.

Zelink

09-04-2012

But hey one thing i could ask, i saw someone post about champ bundles, why not make different tier bundles. Eg a 6k bundle for x amounts of rp but in that bundle x player could not get more than maybe 4-5 champs but the player has the power to chose the champs they want in the bundle.

Some of the older champ bundles need to go or reprices, i bout the all champ bundle like3 years ago, does not seem like its worth it today.

shaitara

09-04-2012

Hippa, thanks for coming in here and dropping some news. I know this isnt your field, but maybe you could pass it on...

Give us a "red tracker" so to speak, so we can keep track of these important riot postings (also pressing the little blue button 9 times to get to the "last" riot post is annoying!

Also, normally I'm a cynic like so many here, but your posting does actually make me think a little more then just "How can me make oodles of money" goes on at riot.

Waldgeist

09-04-2012

@Hippalus:

Do you see a risk that any price reduction strategy might lead to a reluctance to purchase content, because you foster the expectation that it might suddenly become cheaper at any point in the future?

Partymayo

09-04-2012

Some minor things:

Have you thought of an IP sale on content? I would agree if it's not as high as 50%, but 25% discount on some IP prices could help. Also, any plans on expanding the countries or the forms of payment so that other countries that can't have access to RP (My country, for example), could, in a near future be able to buy RP?

Little offtopic.
As a programmer myself, I don't see the scaling increase of the cost of rune pages an complicated change to make. Of course, I do not know the structure of the system itself, so I might be wrong.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
We are working on a few new types of (cosmetic) content that will allow additional customization, but I can't talk details at this point.
I love you for hinting at new customization, but... my money.. T.T

Alternate recall and other summoner spell particle changes perhaps?

Quote:
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
Bring back "Legacy" skins as much as you want.
It's the thought of Limited Edition skins coming back (or being changed, like Kitty Cat Katarina's hair color) that tend to make some of us upset.

Now, my question.. I got some skins a long time ago that I don't want, and other people probable have some too. Any plans to make some sort of a sell-back system?
Not full refunds of course, but something like "Sell skin for 30% of its value" would be great.

Daharahj

09-05-2012

Wow no answer for brazilian server players :/

Astokath

09-05-2012

Hello Hippalus,

my first question: you are answering many questions of the NA-Community, are you going to answer us at the EU-Community as well? you never replied to even one serious question...

second - allready posted in the EU-forums

Quote:
Hello Hippalus,

got a question here:

do you plan to create more champ bundles? i'm still quite new to league of legends (this is not my main account - problems with the forum...) and don't wanna buy the bundles cause i allready own some of the included champions.
in my opinion something like
  • buy 10 champs, get them for 30% less
  • buy 20 champs, get them for 40% less
  • buy 30 champs, get them for 50% less
  • buy 50+ champs, get them for 60% less

would be really great for new players like me (and I mean RP wise - there are regularly sales for half the price - so i would have to buy them step by step... it's quite a bother...)
And in addition to that the IP and RP prices should be in correlation

if some bonus for buying many champs at once were in place - i probably would buy 50 champs in one go... but like that?

and on a sidenote - you slightly decreased the RP we would get for 35 and 50 ;-)
(not really worth mentioning but but the decrease is there!)

Guttler

09-05-2012

A few questions:

1.Are you the guy who used to manage a hedgefund? What is that like?

2. I like how older champions go down in price overtime. Are there any plans for older skins to drop in price overtime too?

3. Any chance we will see a system where we can send gifts to other summoners?

CarbonWyre

09-05-2012

Can we please start seeing sales on people who are less played? I get it, people play Katarina a lot so she's on sale every other week. How about a sale for Cass and Karma? I've been playing for 2 years now and I don't remember seeing a Karma sale at any point!

Oh and will more champs being dropping down soon? Riot has been releasing a lot of champs but not revisiting the pricing of old champs for a long time so is there any chance we can start getting it to the point where there is a set date like "After we release 5 more 6300 champs, 2 6300 champs will drop to 4800" or some form a pattern to get things pushed down a little. It's starting to feel like theres a couple low ones a couple medium ones and a TON of 6300 champs.