Items with active abilities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wzthegreat

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
Actually, can someone explain how the damage works for deathfire? I never pick it up because I'm not too keen on the damage output. I don't quite understand it.
It is mainly used on ap carries, it deals percent health damage, at base of 25%. for example: if your opponent has 1k health (at the moment), it deals 250 magical dmg, please note that magic resist DO work on that, so the dmg is less. And for every 100 ap you have, you get another 4% dmg, for example: if you have 400 ap, then it gives a total of 25%+4x4%=41% of the target's current health, but if there is tons of magic resist, it is not as useful.
This item should be mainly used on bursty ap carries, such as leblanc and veigar, or many others, because it really helps them to nuke down an enemy

figur It Out

09-04-2012

if you have a combo use item... place it in the number position closest to your combo....

for example for morgana's ult: i have flash on "F" and ult is "R" so i put zonya's on "4" making my teamfight engage combo very fast. f-r-4. very little movement on the keys.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

id also reccomend throwing your items on smartcast for things like gunblade. I did that and it helped me as I also had a problem using items, just takes practice and trying to remember to use them, I know ive started getting better, you will too.

Goozik

09-04-2012

Smart cast and get a 5button mouse, set the 2ndary active's for slot 1&2 to your extra mouse buttons.
The ` key (top left of the main keybored) is also a good key to bind, easier to find then a specific number I find(i use it for slot 3 item).

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

better to use an item to no effect, than never to use the item at all. once you get randuins or some other active item, just spam it whenever it's off cooldown, even if you're not in the middle of a fight. soon enough, you'll have used the item enough to use it properly. even 1 game of doing this will let you practise at least 10 times (assuming you get the item early enough, and the game lasts long enough). you may even try this on bot games, but doing this in pvp is fine. I don't see a problem with spamming your zhonya's every minute compared to forgetting to use it the entire game - 0 difference whatsoever. just makes you look like a mental case in front of your team mates tho