Need Help With Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DittoBlaze

09-04-2012

Started playing Mundo again today after leaving him on the bench for a long time. I haven't been doing very well as him though.The main problem I find is that I feed early game. I'm just not tanky enough to run in there and fight. I often hit minions with my cleaver when I'm trying to pursue enemies which annoys me to no end.

My build for him is:

Start with regrowth+a pot
Get merc treads and a warmog
Spirit Visage
Atmas or Sunfire
Warmog
Force-of Nature

Can anyone please give me any tips on how to play mundo? Advice about building him would also be appreciated.

Mr Ferpleton

09-04-2012

Where are you playing him? The build is similar, but the play style is different. I love Mundo bot. I support with him, and with the right carry, it's amazing. I start with 9/21/0 mysteries focusing on health, and start with a ruby crystal. This gives me 763 health to start, which is awesome. The carry and I usually rush the bush, and a few Cleavers is unstoppable in an early fight. From there, be a bush wookie. Just throw Cleavers from their bush. If you get ganked, who cares, you're Mundo. Make that crystal into a visage, get boots of speed, a warmogs, and boots of swiftness at some point. It's unstoppable. Get a force of nature or randuins after that as needed, and then another warmogs. And then whatever you didn't buy. I find that as a last item, guardian Angel is hilarious. Anyway, that's how I play him.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I would recommend jungling with Mundo. He is very good since they halved the cost of his Burning Agony, giving him tons of AoE damage early on for very fast clearing.

I'd go with:
9 offense (AD, AS, apen), 21 defense (bladed armor, -4 creep dmg, armor, movespeed,health).
Red Attack Speed, yellow flat armor, blue magic resist per level. MOVESPEED quints.

I start with cloth and 5 pots. You CAN manage boots+3 but your jungle sustain kind of sucks. If you do, take HP5 quints instead. I prefer the cloth+5 and MS quints.

Start with your BURNING AGONY and always max it first. Its just too good for fast clear and actually provides a ton of ganking damage too..giving you the equivalent of at least 1 melee attack per second without even slowing you down...and reducing their slows.

Then you max your AD Steroid, for faster killing of large things after a few cleaver hits. Cleaver is last because your damage is percent based, so you dont care about the minimum dmg.

As always, you want to have a good balance between Tanky to not die, and damage to not be ignored. I start off by getting some armor for jungling, bunch of health which is better than armor/MR early on, then fill in the magic resist gap. Focus on tankiness early and use of Aura for doing damage. Then transition into boosting his strong autoattack as the aura becomes less and less strong over time.

I personally upgrade to Ninja Tabi ASAP because it gives me cheap MS and good use of cloth.
Then I get Ruby Crystal and regrowth pendant or Giants belt.
Work towards a Warmog. Great regen from it and the passive effect on your health, and makes you very very tanky, allowing you to really bully people with your Burning Agony.

I then grab a Wits End for magic resistance and AS which works great with your AD steroid. Its not ideal since the onhit doesnt crit but you can't afford an Inf Edge/PDs stacking type deal. But it is quite efficient and greatly increases autoattack damage. A ghostblade would probably work well too, tho I want to get some MR to plug that hole. I guess you could get hexdrinker or just a negatron, whatever.

Zeal is next...more movespeed, some crit and more AS.
I work toward TriForce.

Whaaa? My theory is that frozen mallet sucks...it costs soo much for the snare effect. Triforce boosts Mundos speed hugely and he can proc the triforce sheen effect (which is BIG on mundo) very often with cleaver and AD-steriods going off all the time. Warmog gives you the big health already, so triforce gives a large offensive boost.

Atmas is next, taking advantage of that huge AD, your existing crit, and huge health.

n2trains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dota1467 View Post
Started playing Mundo again today after leaving him on the bench for a long time. I haven't been doing very well as him though.The main problem I find is that I feed early game. I'm just not tanky enough to run in there and fight. I often hit minions with my cleaver when I'm trying to pursue enemies which annoys me to no end.

My build for him is:

Start with regrowth+a pot
Get merc treads and a warmog
Spirit Visage
Atmas or Sunfire
Warmog
Force-of Nature

Can anyone please give me any tips on how to play mundo? Advice about building him would also be appreciated.
his super early game isn't that great. BUT from the jungle you're going to want to start wraiths, go to blue, wolves, depending on hp (from you 1st points w-q-e-q-w-r for your first set). Then you should be able to gank by 5:30-6:00. Go for your standard base boots with heart of gold on your first base. (if all you can get is HoG, do that, boots can wait if required).
From your HoG, go Warmog's then I like to build the giant's belt for sunfire (skip your spirit visage early, it doesn't give you the same hp/g as mogs by any stretch at this point in the game). After you have cape, go belt, then force of nature, then finish mogs #2 then atma's. You can adjust slightly as per your preferences.

Quints: MS 1.5%
Seals: Armor 1.41 flat
Glyphs: MR/level
Marks: Attack speed 1.7%

Hope this helps for jungle Mundo. If you need technique stuff lmk,