I have a proposal for you Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharrakk

08-28-2012

Good morning/evening Riot Squad!

My name is Tell and I come to you with a proposal. As a 19 year old ranch kid, I’ve never really gotten the opportunity to try my hand at something other than plowing dirt or herding cattle. However, writing has always been a creative outlet for me; after coming home covered in a mixture of dust, oil and renegade cow pies, it’s nice to be able to pick up a pencil and express imagination. Much to my father’s frustration, I would constantly be trying to figure out what type of armor my main character would wear instead of how many hay bales we needed to make it through the brutally frigid winter months. In fact I’ve wanted to pursue writing professionally ever since I got into college, which gave me an idea.

League of Legends has been a staple game in my library for a couple years now, but I’ve been frustrated with something since my arrival. Out of every character I’ve played, not once has the lore been more than a second thought to me. I’m fully aware that the story behind the game is not making you money, the gameplay and champion mechanics are. It would be silly to dedicate many, if any, resources solely to a department that has almost zero returns; I get that. That’s why I wanted to make you an offer

Let me have a chance to work on your lore a bit. Let me breathe some life into an otherwise forgotten element of a great game. Furthermore let me ask you, very sincerely by the way, have you gotten many compliments on your lore or champion backstories? Has the lore ever gotten someone excited enough to buy a champion? In my eyes, and to put it simply, no. Not once have I bought a champion because I connected with their story, and to me that’s a missed opportunity. If you know nerds like I do, (I am one) it is quickly apparent that they will dedicate time, attention, passion, and money to a story they enjoy. I want this game to have a story and world that the Rioteers can be proud of. Now I know what you’re asking yourself, “But Tell, how much more money do I need to throw?! It’s just bouncing off my screen, man! Will the story do TONS OF DAMAGE?!?”

That’s the beauty of this situation, my Phreaky fellow (Also, calm down a little). The satisfaction of getting to work with a major gaming company would be more than enough payment for me. You would lose nothing, and I swear to you with complete respect for my own manhood, I would scream like a little girl if I got an opportunity like this. As far as my writing is concerned, I’ve included two examples in a tumblr page (The first two articles); a champion backstory of sorts involving a character that I created as well as Rin the Yordle (Belonging to Rin the Yordle), and a chapter from a book that I’ve been writing. So thanks for your time Riot staff, and I would love to work with you if you give me the chance. The link is http://forsakenmachine.tumblr.com/

Sincerely,
Tell

BansheeJordo

08-30-2012

As outlandish as it seems, I kind of like the idea. I don't see anything overtly wrong with a kid offering time to something he likes. Plus, giving him something to put on a resume would help immensely. So call me crazy, but I say give him a chance. Look through his material because honestly, I'd like to see the lore upgraded. Just my 2 cents.

MadameBougie

08-31-2012

I second the notion! And I also heartily understand wanting to give back to the game. As a French major, I hope that one day I'll be able to help out on the wiki translating various pages. I would love to become a sort of consultant regarding the French version of the lores as well!

Also, nice pronouns!

Sharrakk

09-02-2012

Thank you both. I'm glad that there's at least a little support for this kind of idea. I wish you only the best, and good luck with the French translation idea! Let's hope they decide to give both of us a shot at giving back to a beloved member of our gaming repertoires.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

Where's Pen Gillete?

Sharrakk

09-03-2012

I have no idea, but if anyone else has ideas or thoughts, I'd love to hear them.