Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can an aggressive Zilean deal more damage than a bruiser can heal back up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-03-2012

I'm bored...and I wanna try something new. I never ever see Zilean anymore, and I've been theory crafting a bit.

Zilean has a powerful MS buff/slow, his AA range his decently high, and his Q has high ratios and range. The one thing he lacks is tankiness and consistent damage over a long period of time since he literally only has a single offensive spell to fall back on.

Anyways here's what I'm theorycrafting only. Against someone like Irelia, if I build lots of spell penetration and AP, can Zilean's magic damage push them out? Can Zilean's speed buff let him escape ganks if the lane is pushed?

I haven't thought of a build yet, but I think I should get Haunting Guise just for the spell penetration+AP boost, and later on work up to a Lichbane late game so I can do more than just Q the enemy champions. I know that in lane, I will need to buy an excessive amount of wards, not just because of ganks, but because of the top bushes being an easy way for someone with gap closers to zone me out.

ThorHammerz

09-03-2012

Problem with his E, is that at early levels its duration is really, really, short. Also, against someone like Irelia, she can just dash to you and stun you, making a jungle gank effective/possible nonetheless.

MarlaMazzyHope

09-03-2012

I don't think the lane is as much the issue as that it even with the cs/gold boost there's going to be a very different team fight composition unless you do something like a double bruiser bottom. You Sid it, one offensive spell, there's going to be some missing damage there, perhaps offset by the utility but maybe not. Please let us know how it goes.

MarlaMazzyHope

09-03-2012

Said*. Stupid iPad

Cloud Halcyon

09-04-2012

His bombs are broken. But that's what makes him fun.
Camp the brush all day and stick your 700 range bombs on everyone lol

Cenerae

09-04-2012

Bruisers lose less for building MR to counter you than AP mids do.

While you should be able to make a fair few play on the defensive, they'll just get merc treads and a negatron and largely be able to ignore you.

bob000

09-04-2012

Zilean has the lowest base armor in th game

Ginga

Recruiter

09-04-2012

Tried it out.

And I have to say....

1) Zilean is bloody slow without his speed buff

and

2) He eats up mana rather fast...

and

3) PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT MY R REVIVES THEM AT FULL HEALTH OR EVEN REALIZE IT REVIVES THEM! Christ, no wonder Zilean is such a rarely seen support.