Melee x ranged in lane phase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

What to do when you are a Melee champion with no ranged attacks solo laning against a ranged enemy, if he constantly keeps kiting and zoning you?

I've just had a match like this in Twisted Treelines. I played as AD Sion agains a Lee Sin. Sion has no spammable ranged attack and Lee Sin has, so he kited me so hard that I had to always try to last hit below my turret. In a few minutes he was already 2 levels above me and there was no turning back.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-03-2012

Well, Sion has a shield and a stun.

Also, just let the minions push. It may mean you lose a wave or two, but if they push back close enough to your turret, you should be able to farm under the safety of the turret.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Well, Sion has a shield and a stun.

Also, just let the minions push. It may mean you lose a wave or two, but if they push back close enough to your turret, you should be able to farm under the safety of the turret.
It doesn't work, first because I cant spam Sion abilities since they cost a lot of mana and he has very low mana, and second it's very hard to farm under the turret with him in early levels. The enemy will be able to last hit 100% of the minion wave and I'll last hit about 50% of them below my turret (at least in low levels, when Sion's autoattack is slow).

Armageddal

09-03-2012

Lee Sin can only harass from a range by using the first part of his Q, which isn't the really powerful part. Just stay behind minions, and he can't hit you. If he does happen to hit you, and attempts to follow it up, use your stun and shield to turn the trade in your favour.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

The easiest counter to this honestly would switch your build. Ap sion would own him. Farm under turret better and less mana problems

TeknoWizard

09-03-2012

I think your problem isn't the melee versus ranged, but that it's Sion vs. Lee Sin. You're running a champion who relies on a late game with a lot of attack speed, and he has a weak early game. Lee Sin is stupidly strong early, and slows your attack speed. I wouldn't recommend first picking Sion to top, as many top laners counter him.

For how to deal with him, if he kicks you, you should probably be able to stun him before he jumps out. And if you're under tower, that should do substantial damage to him. Also, minions. They make wonderful skill shot blockers.

L2P Mate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Well, IMO, ranged champs are underwpowered (and an example being Ashe). Almost every fkin melee champ has a gap close, such that U MIGHT AS WELL BE MELEE URSELF.

Melees also get MR scaling, high base health, armor, movespeed and damage.

Dont get me wrong Ashe is fantastic, but she gets outclassed by graves, vayne, trist

Certified

09-04-2012

How is it that yu're only getting 50% of the minion kills under tower... You have an AD steroid, you should be capable of killing ranged minions in 2 hits