An idea for caster items, breaking the Needlessly Large Rod

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

its an overall problem for every one , not just AP champs, itemisation just plain sucks ( sorry riot but it does)

tanks same issues
ad champions.. same issues
support champs are probbly the only group that have a reasonable item pool to select from , but thats only because they can mix and match ap and tanky items

also builds tend to focus mostly on cdr items anyways so the selection becomes even smaller

lbgsloan

09-03-2012

Bruisers have a strong item pool too, since basically anything can work on them. I've seen AP Xin manage a positive KDA. Many tanks can build heavier on the damage end as well. AD Alistar is viable, Malphite can be built a bruiser (people forget that W steroid, but it's pretty strong), Amumu is now commonly built AP heavy, Leona can actually hurt people with the triple mpen build, etc.

Build variety looks much worse on SR since supports can't afford anything, and there's basically one accepted build for AD and AP carries.

Phourc

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I support the idea of Rabadon's Deathbeanie. This idea actually fits into what the OP was saying.
*Squee* My name caught on!

Yeah, definitely hoping that'll make it onto live one of these days - I know it's somewhere on Nome's to-do list

NavyGothic

09-03-2012

Tanky DPS have excellent build options for Dom. Pretty much every common item can be built in chunks of 1000g or less, and many top level items have components that are excellent in their own right (phage, sheen, glacial shroud, warden's, brutalizer, etc.).

Aside from the BF Sword / NL Rod cost, I'd venture to suggest that AD and AP carry itemisation is too expensive in general. SR itemisation is somewhat balanced around the AP mid and AD bot having a big lead in gold over the tanky champs; that doesn't happen in Dom.

Tortferngatr

09-03-2012

Honestly, I would just make a cheap Deathbeanie from current NLR that upgrades into a Deathcap substitute.

Taboo Power
NLR+Amplifying Tome+365 G=2400 G
105 AP
UNIQUE Passive: Gain bonus AP equal to 15% of your total AP.
Does not stack with Guardian Bob's Deathcap

Guardian Bob's Deathcap
Taboo Power+Blasting Wand+740 G=4000 G
155 AP
UNIQUE Passive: Gain bonus AP equal to 30% of your total AP.
Does not stack with Taboo Power.

Just throwing it out there.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-03-2012

It would be nice if AP carries had their own trinity force that gave cdr, AP, movespeed, mana, hp and magic pen. Codex + haunting guise + something.