Urgot, today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BROSEPHIROTH

09-03-2012

He's received some changes in the last several patches and I barely ever see him played - even though I'm told that he used to be one of the very best champions in Dominion.

Quote:
Urgot:
Masteries: 21-9-0
Runes: ArPen, flat Armor, scaling MR, ArPen quints
Order: Q->E->W
Items: Ionian, Trinity, Ghostblade, Executioner's, Atma's, QSS
Strategy: Hurrgot, thrower of bot lanes. Well, some champions can stalemate against him, but this champion is in some serious need of balance. Anyways, I see a lot of Urgot players go the Tear->Manamune route and while it works against an attrition lane like Maokai, you really should be going piecemeal crit. Urgot's damage up close is ungodly, and you should take every advantage you can get to closing that distance unless you're against Jax. If you take Urgot top lane, he gives a lot of poke and harass to the team but he won't have his farm which is really what sends him out of control. There really isn't much of a counter to Urgot, your team just has to focus him down first.
Is Sauron's guide still accurate? Is he still a solid champion, or has that changed? I looked at the changes and it seems you want to go for more of a tanky DPS build instead of AD for better efficiency.

Tell me everything about Urgot. I am a willing student!

lbgsloan

09-03-2012

Sauron's guide is simply a guideline for new players, and shouldn't be the be all end all of itemization and rune choices. Item builds have always been, and always should be situational to enemy comps. I personally have never seen an urgot build so glass cannon like that before. It's usually damage into major tank items.

Fabs457

09-03-2012

I still think he's as strong as he's always been. My guess is fotw is mostly responsible for not as many urgots in the last couple champ release patches

konfetarius

09-03-2012

He got nerfs on the ranges of all his skills. It kind of hurt. That said, if you aren't a champion that can actually use the range nerfs, he is still terror.

HaIfhearted

09-03-2012

Urgots 2 main core items are Brutalizer and Frozen Heart. Most of them opt for defensive boots, eg: Mercs/Tabi.

From there, you build depending on the situation, but good choices are:
*Hexdrinker/Maw -against magic damage
*Atmas - if you want a bit more armor while still gaining damage
*Wardens/Randuins - if physical auto-attackers are a major threat
*Last Whisper - when your primary targets start bulking up
*Trinity Force - strong DPS booster
*Sanguine Blade - sustain in bot lane

inFe eD

09-03-2012

Sauron's build is the best Urgot build, hands down. I've never seen an Urgot who went the generic bruiser build do anywhere near as well as Brut + TF rush. Tank Urgot is a crutch for players who can't position/ult effectively with him. Honestly, besides Sauron and Kidcadaver, nobody else in Dom plays a respectable Urgot.

konfetarius

09-03-2012

Quote:
Tank Urgot is a crutch for players who can't position/ult effectively with him.
But it works so well against BPB

MMKH

09-04-2012

I've tried AP Urgot before and won lol. But this patch has nerfed that. :/