Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When to build Leviathan?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teleclast

09-03-2012

I'm trying to understand looking at this item versus Warmog's, is it relevant anymore? I've only been playing about a month, and I must say I'm never seeing much of a reason to get it, especially not gaining anything off of minions, and the loss of stacks, like Mejai's and the other similar items it only seems good (and this one isn't even then) in a TOTAL steamroll

ProPlayerEd

09-03-2012

Really this item is telling your opponents that " I will roll face on keyboard and kill you all E Z P Z"

Honestly you have to maintain around 10 stacks for the item to be anywhere worth while otherwise your better off spending your money on other things.

Armageddal

09-03-2012

Leviathan... has its uses. Generally it's not a very good item. If you manage to gain max stacks and you're fed... it will make you just about impossible to kill with the massive HP boost and the damage reduction. The only champions I would consider getting it on (assuming you're getting really fed) are Rengar (because he snowballs so hard), Volibear, and Cho'gath.

thepantsparty

09-03-2012

Snowball items are generally a bad idea - you'll only get a lot of stacks in games you would have won anyway, and in close games or games that you're losing they won't have enough stacks to help you turn the game around.

Leviathan is especially terrible because it's most useful on tanks, and tanks are the most likely to die in teamfights and lose their stacks.

Cenerae

09-04-2012

Leviathan is for bot games where you don't particularly feel like even remotely trying.

In real games, it's the least efficient of the snowball items in terms of what you pay and what you get. It is only worthwhile if you will get the 20 stack bonus. In a game you get the 20 stack bonus in, you did not need it in the first place.

If you're confident that the game is going to be a total stomp then I guess you could buy one, but there's not much point to it even then.

n2trains

09-04-2012

In a bot game on your super hp heavy tanks. Mundo, etc.