What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reverse Sejuani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

BDing was frowned upon in DoTA, but obviously this is not dota.

Riot has even put in a self defense against back dooring, so if you are able to back door a tower, honestly more power to you.

Of course you can wait 5 minutes on creeps, but why not just take it out regardless, keep up what your doing. Its a team game, go for the kill.

Etherin

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullator View Post
BDing was frowned upon in DoTA, but obviously this is not dota.

Riot has even put in a self defense against back dooring, so if you are able to back door a tower, honestly more power to you.

Of course you can wait 5 minutes on creeps, but why not just take it out regardless, keep up what your doing. Its a team game, go for the kill.
Way to read the thread. This has all been said already.

Alenael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherin View Post
Way to read the thread. This has all been said already.
And I bet what you just said has been as well, and most likely what I am saying now. Dr. Mundo I found is really great at doing this near end game as well. I usually find myself soloing towers quickly with him.

Philasaurus

11-17-2009

All is fair in love and war.

For those of you who don't understand this colloquialism, anything goes in these situations. I've won many losing games by backdooring their base towers and then their inhibitors. Also, if they yell and flame you, just smile and keep the course. It's not like they can vote to ban you.

Firebob

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqs View Post
cheesy...lol

Attachment 6971

ColbyCheeZe

11-18-2009

This is only a complaint in low level games. Once you start playing with good people, Yi / Twitch backdooring isn't such a big deal because people know how to counter it, and it is a viable strat if it works anyhow. If you can win the game without a true exploit, then do it.

McComb

11-18-2009

I used to love BD in dota with syllabear.
Though it's harder to BD in Lol.
Double BD team nexus is epic.

If you win a game by BD you're not "cheap" you're smarter.

HEADSUP4ROLLZ

11-18-2009

It aint Easy Being Cheesy QQ MORE dota lovers

Solofrog

11-18-2009

I love people who cry about Backdooring, and i look back at how the term backdoor evolved. When Guinsoo first made Dota back in ROC it ONLY referred to killing towers that were behind other towers that were still alive. And even back then it was a legit strategy (for troll) to do. Then as Dota became more mainstream and all the hardcore gamers got into the game, as well as the game being brought over to TFT, the game became more Hero-killing based; it was guided away from the sole purpose of killing the base as fast as possible. Games got longer and in the nature of competition, it became more about killing the other human players. So naturally people put into safegaurds that ensured that the games would last longer and get the smart players to not want to kill the towers. But lets get back to the Backdoor term. It evolved to mean killing a tower that doesnt have any minions/creeps at it. ||Question: Who the hell thought of this and why would anyone think this is a reasonable suggestion???|| The whole point of the game, as is the case with most games, is to WIN. Why take away from the game another possible strategy.
Moving on back to League of Legends. I love you Riot for sticking with the true nature of the game. I agree with the protection given to towers and buildings that are behind the previous towers, but making a "rule" saying that your minions have to be there? Thats laughable. "hey lets say no killing baron before 30 min of the game.... it might make you guys better than us."
1. Blue pill. If its your base thats being "backdoored" freaking bluepill back, not hard.
2. Yes there are heroes that are more suited to BD, and NO it will not make those characters an auto choice for a game. Its just a strategy that can be taken, and EASILY COUNTERED.
3. True BACKDOORING is IMpossible in this game, and 80% of the players do not even know what they are talking about. We need another term for this act. Backdooring for example would be Killing the second tower without killing the 1 tower, making it easier to kill creeps and such from behind the tower, and possibly going into the base too early.

Heres some advice to encourage my fellow players that want to stop hearing people complain and moan about backdooring. THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! HAHAHAHA "backdoor" all you want! If they leave or cry YOU GET EXP and Points anyways!!! AHhaha*crazylaugh*
WE LOVE YOU RIOT GOOD JOB!

Deliani

11-18-2009

I don't always backdoor towers. But when I do, I prefer Master Yi.

Stay Cheesy, my friends.