What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Void Dragon

11-16-2009

Considering it only takes one button to return back to your base to defend against a backdoor? put it down to not ganking twitch or yi hard enough early and mid game and not noticing when they are missing. Read the patch notes, theres a backdoor bonus for a reason.

Pagefault

11-16-2009

The other day I was playing Yi and I backdoored and killed a tower. Then an opponent said that "every time I BD, God kills a kitten"

Is it true?
I don't wanna kittens die

TheSacrifice

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagefault View Post
The other day I was playing Yi and I backdoored and killed a tower. Then an opponent said that "every time I BD, God kills a kitten"

Is it true?
I don't wanna kittens die
No, it's not true. God actually kills a butterfly each time.

GNOY

11-16-2009

Backdoring is allowed. But its a "*****-strategy", lame and far from sportsmanship, and yet viable, cause noone prohibited it. Get ready to be *****ed by opposing team, and sometimes by your own team if you bd.

Latest nerf to towers also encourage bd even more. Sad story....

BunnyMilk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
Backdoring is allowed. But its a "*****-strategy", lame and far from sportsmanship, and yet viable, cause noone prohibited it. Get ready to be *****ed by opposing team, and sometimes by your own team if you bd.

Latest nerf to towers also encourage bd even more. Sad story....

Ive actually never seen someone backdoor a turret cuz my teams always defend turrets but thats just us I guess.

Yeorwned

11-16-2009

I applaud the developers for encouraging backdooring and dignifying its function. I wish there would be more education on the fact that is an acceptable tactic in this game so I end up with less games where our team refuses to "bd because it is cheap" or what not. So many bad Yi's...

TitaniumDJ

11-16-2009

It is weird that this is even an argument. It's like complaining that the enemy team killed you with a suprise 3vs1 gank. Would you whine that it wasn't fair and they should have come at you 1 at a time? Or if you almost have someone dead and they flash away would you cry unfair and demand they come back so you can finish them? I play Warwick the most and get annoyed at how easily everyone escapes my ult. There I am, giving the Pirate a scratchy hug and he just bites into a piece of fruit and walks away. But do I attempt to flame him for using a valid strategy to survive? No, I just have to wait until he uses the ability before I jump his bones. I think "backdooring" is valid and essential strat. It is one of the few counters to the 5 man nut hugging strategy that a lot of teams use mid/ late game.

Secret Santana

11-16-2009

Quote:
It's just a matter of Honor and some people like to finish builds before a game ends. So what you're doing by backdooring is negating the entire game's fun experience for them. Which is completely fine but don't expect people to be happy about it :P
Exactly, this is fine, I like that there may be more than one way to play the game, and more than one type of player. That is good. The onus is on them, however, to start a House Rules game of their own, since the default accepted rules do not include their modifications.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123birds View Post
Back dooring if frowned upon because of dota. Basicaly, you got banned if you did it. Since most of the people playing LOL are DOTA players too, expept the same replies about stuff like this. Also yi is the character that is made for BDing and has ridiculous tower damage.
i donno wtf you played but in dota bding was allowed and no one got banned

most tourny games of dota are won by bding

people just complain about it because some heroes are better at it then others and it can turn you from losing to winning

Etherin

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
most tourny games of dota are won by bding

people just complain about it because some heroes are better at it then others and it can turn you from losing to winning
5 necrobooks = byebye towers

One of the items I miss from DotA :'(