What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I R Orc Peon

11-15-2009

Back dooring is cheap and lame. And it doesnt promote team fights. And you better hope you have a teleport spell ready when its done against you.

Then again its part of the game and its a great way to bring you team back in the fight. Or simply to break a near unbeatable defense so the game can end.

only a few heroes are much good at back dooring and as long as its continually balanced so its not too easy to do, then I personally think we all just need to get over our own sense of whats honorable and get back to playing the game.

Changief

11-15-2009

Riot increased the amount of gold you receive for backdooring a tower in an earlier patch.

It's only "cheap and lame" When it's done by a team that has a player advantage

I.E. a Yi with 4 other teammates vs a team with only 3 or 4 players. While still legal it's like "C'mon, is that necessary?" But nothing at all worth raging about.

Backdoor all you can, kill those towers, get your gold and xp.

I will agree that Twitch's Ult is a little crazy A friend of mine always does the double tower kill while in the base. since it perforates towers as well as creeps. So usually he kills both towers at the same time.

Not everyone who complains about backdooring is a noob or whiner though. Some people just have an honor system.

Since you brought up the whole "counterspell" thing. I'll give this as an example.

Me and a friend of mine play Magic, we don't usually even attack each other till late game (we like to amass an army) unless one is kinda screwed for cards just to end it and start again, while our other friend is cutthroat and goes for a kill immediately, which makes me not want to play with him as much as my other friend.

It's just a matter of Honor and some people like to finish builds before a game ends. So what you're doing by backdooring is negating the entire game's fun experience for them. Which is completely fine but don't expect people to be happy about it :P

TheSacrifice

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changief View Post
Me and a friend of mine play Magic, we don't usually even attack each other till late game (we like to amass an army) unless one is kinda screwed for cards just to end it and start again, while our other friend is cutthroat and goes for a kill immediately, which makes me not want to play with him as much as my other friend.

It's just a matter of Honor and some people like to finish builds before a game ends. So what you're doing by backdooring is negating the entire game's fun experience for them. Which is completely fine but don't expect people to be happy about it :P
Just want to say that "honor" in Magic is retarded. It's kill or be killed, and I could care less if my friends get off their combos. Why? Because I play Magic in tournaments/small scale events mostly. It's competitive. Guess what?

So's LoL.

Tryhardamere

11-15-2009

I feel the word "competitive" is lost on many people.
For a primarily pvp game, there are a surprising amount of carebears... LET ME FINISH OFF MY BUILD OR YOU CHEEEATED YOU CHEEEEATER! No, you can't kill me! I'm not level 18 with a full item set yet!
Also, did they change the ability to backdoor? I can't even target turrets that have an alive turret in front of them... (with the exception of the last two, which become active after one of the three turrets in front of them is destroyed)
perhaps its just my client,but I've tried to destroy a tower from behind and it doesn't let me hit it. (I havent tried since the last patch though)

Arthas Menethil

11-15-2009

Itt

Quote:
bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Etherin

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changief View Post
Since you brought up the whole "counterspell" thing. I'll give this as an example.

This only leads me to one conclusion: The people who complain about backdooring and want an "honorable" game ought to only play practice games with friends.

Since they're not concerned about the win, merely a "sportsmanlike" competition, it shouldn't be an issue to only play this way.

The rest of us will continue to evolve our play and use the most efficient means to secure a win.

Apokalupsis

11-15-2009

To those who think backdooring is cheap/lame...

Is it cheap or lame to take someone's Queen in Chess? How about stealing a base in baseball? To steal a ball in basketball...force a fumble in football? How about use a grenade in combat vs engaging in hand to hand?

The only thing lame here...is the crying about a legit and useful tactic that gets the job done. The game is not about who gets the most kills...nor is it who is the highest level (or racking up XP)...it's about destroying enemy infrastructure...whoever does it first...WINS. That simple.

If you don't like tactics being used against you that you cannot defend against...play a different game. If you don't like tactics being used against you that you prefer not to defend against...adapt your strategy to prevent it (proactive) or find a different game (or like the poster above said...play only private games with your own "house rules").

You whining only exposes your own ineptitude. Learn how to actually play the game in all its potential...or go back to playing single player games. Instead of using all that energy to cry...you could be spending it on getting better at a game you allegedly enjoy.

xBigGx

11-15-2009

Me being a former DOTA player I can see why people would get mad by players backdooring. The fact of the matter is in DOTA most of the modes people played in the towers were extremely squishy and could be tanked and killed by a toon by level 5-6. The thing all DOTA players coming to LoL is that in this game towers hurt...a lot. So if someone has farmed enough to be able to backdoor why not do it? It is absolutely a viable strategy. Just get with the program.

Also someone said if a Yi has farmed enough to run in, tank and kill a full hp tower and make it...well...the opposing team is just dumb and probably doomed anyway lol.

BearforceOne

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by apokalupsis View Post
to those who think backdooring is cheap/lame...

Is it cheap or lame to take someone's queen in chess? How about stealing a base in baseball? To steal a ball in basketball...force a fumble in football? How about use a grenade in combat vs engaging in hand to hand?

The only thing lame here...is the crying about a legit and useful tactic that gets the job done. The game is not about who gets the most kills...nor is it who is the highest level (or racking up xp)...it's about destroying enemy infrastructure...whoever does it first...wins. That simple.

If you don't like tactics being used against you that you cannot defend against...play a different game. If you don't like tactics being used against you that you prefer not to defend against...adapt your strategy to prevent it (proactive) or find a different game (or like the poster above said...play only private games with your own "house rules").

You whining only exposes your own ineptitude. Learn how to actually play the game in all its potential...or go back to playing single player games. Instead of using all that energy to cry...you could be spending it on getting better at a game you allegedly enjoy.
qft

Matthius

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmar View Post
thats retarded.
I would always backdoor.
Tell them when they kill the worm that they cheating because makes them OP.
Aye, IMO they should stfu and suck it up. Tell them to defend their towers if they're worried about backdooring.