What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

11-15-2009

Backdooring has effectively been officially endorsed by Riot; by adding the backdooring bonuses to towers, the idea is that, "You can backdoor, if you can deal with the stronger tower'.

That's all there is to it.

Also backdooring is a TDA ALLOWED strategy in DotA so the statement that if you did it in DotA you would get banned is also INVALID. If it's allowed in ladder I couldn't give two ****s that doing it would get me banned by two elementary school kids, BAAWWWWWWWWW.

I.E. KEFTES FAILS, HIS MAIN ARGUMENT POINT HAS BEEN INVALIDATED

Mr Tibbers

11-15-2009

Yeah. Just the pubs really had a problem with it in DotA and mainly because hardly any of them were actually skilled enough to counter the bd. If you're complaining about it so much in LoL, just grab a damn fortify and teleport. Bam, you stop the BD and can TP to the offender and take care of them easy.

Floatzel

11-15-2009

don't listen to people that give you **** about backdooring. The definition of a scrub, as defined by world class game designer and street fighter pro, david sirlin, is someone who limits their own ability to play a game due to being wrapped up in their own complex system of morals and rules. If you call something cheap and it is not really imbalanced, you are a scrub. Not doing something good is for babies who can't play games to their fullest.

Floatzel

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
It's not crying or whining.I didnt even make this thread.I'm just stating a well known fact that backdooring is cheesy (and was bannable in Dota for a reason).
>implying dota and lol have the same metagame balance and similar tactics should be bannable
>implying that everyone, if anyone, agrees with you
>well known fact

I'm gonna give this a 6/10

Kwiqs

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
It's not crying or whining.I didnt even make this thread.I'm just stating a well known fact that backdooring is cheesy (and was bannable in Dota for a reason).
cheesy...lol

Ydriel

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienhart View Post
There were some amazingly stupid BD strats that needed a nerf (Furion teleporting into base, killing stuff and running out).

Everything else is legit.

I've NEVER understood why the term "backdoor" was even invented. And for the record, nobody got banned for BDing in DoTA @ really high level play. The objective of the game is to blow up a key structure; not to farm your carries -_-
Indeed, the only reason the term "backdooring" existed in DotA was because of Furion, which was broken till they fixed it. Actually, in DotA it was potentially easier to defend from a BD because of TP scrolls. We'll have some kind of TP scroll too, from what I've read, so hopeully people will whine less. Protecting against BD is easy as hell, just that people don't wanna take the time to do it. You see a Yi/Twitch BDing? TP and defend. Then, just leave some1 to def, easy as that.

Solus

11-15-2009

First off, I'll say that BDing was -never- officially bannable excluding pre-patched furion TP. I repeat, NEVER BANNABLE. The only people that banned because of BD were 12 yearolds who honestly believed their banlist was worth a damn and would just as quickly ban someone for calling them gay.

Second, Riot, y'know, the guys who MADE THE GAME, endorse backdooring 100%. I believe their rules trumps your pathetic little morals and regulations that you seem to believe all should abide to, Keftes. Stay in school and keep your opinions to yourself, kiddo. You're not nearly intelligent enough to offer any form of perspective.

Third, LoL -does- have some champions who should not be as good at BDing as they are, Twitch immediately comes to mind. His ulti really shouldn't be able to out-range the turrets and his ability to run when people notice him is highly effective. To counter you need to invest a minimum of 400 gold for truesight, teleport and/or fortify. Yi does so much damage to a tower he could have a half HP tower down before a teleport finishes. A TP scroll effect on teleport would probably do wonders here, but that'd likely make fortify a bit less valuable.

I imagine once the more powerful BD champions are rounded out a bit, BDing will be more acceptable. My only miff is with Twitch, really. Fortify can at least peel Yi off 9/10 times, but Twitch is a completely different story.

Ydriel

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Third, LoL -does- have some champions who should not be as good at BDing as they are, Twitch immediately comes to mind. His ulti really shouldn't be able to out-range the turrets and his ability to run when people notice him is highly effective.
This. Well, mostly about his ult. That's the only thing that I'd say is annoying, since for Twitch it becomes relatively safe to BD. Then again, I do it myself sometimes (I play to win, spare me the flames). The range should be reduced a tad, so he's hittable by towers but no so much that he becomes useless in team fights.

Secret Santana

11-15-2009

OK, so it appears I was correct to call BS. Those complaining about this were just the "no counterspell" or "no low kick" crowd.

I can respect that, as long as they don't try to make others play by their fictional rules.

Xirus

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Santana View Post
OK, so it appears I was correct to call BS. Those complaining about this were just the "no counterspell" or "no low kick" crowd.

I can respect that, as long as they don't try to make others play by their fictional rules.
Don't worry, Santana, I used to get whines about backdooring in games, but since my ELO rating has climbed, I don't see it. So you'll probably not even hear the whining pretty soon.

Interesting note is I didn't even backdoor, I pushed towers with minions. It's just that it happened so fast that it felt like backdooring. I guess people just don't like it if you surprise them :P