What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc201

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
Just because there's no law specifically saying 'don't do it' doesn't mean it's not against the spirit of the game.
It isn't discouraged in any way either, so BDing being possible is working as intended I guess.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xachariah

Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentone View Post
Please do a GOOGLE search for the following terms since your incompetence knows no bounds.

backdooring, unsportsmanlike conduct, referees, and Season One League of Legends rules, and for kicks the list of people BANNED for backdooring in both DOTA and LOL

For those who keep saying I'm wrong please explain why anyone was banned at any point in either LOL or DOTA for backdooring since you all seem to believe its legal?

100's of pages come up if you merely search for this so I will resoundingly argue that no matter how many of you say it is LEGAL the fact that you get banned BY RIOT, OTHER PLAYERS, REFEREE's, and tournament moderators seems to indicate otherwise. Again common sense prevails...but nice try


http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=h...1d46923c1fd398

First 5 hits:

4 say backdooring is legit.

1 wants backdooring changed to be "illegal" (still giggling) because it is currently legit.

Thanks for proofing my point, fool.

Quote:
Side note the legal terms page has nothing to do with the game it has to do with the LEGAL Aspects of owning and operating a game, anything state in the above incorrectly quoted pages has 0, nada, zip to do with the game... a basic understanding of law will tell you that of which you foolishly pretend to understand. Suggestion for you try looking up big words before you use them... Until the next attempt
Yeah, why would the LEGAL aspects of operating game have something to do with something being ILLEGAL. l2read.

E.g. the ToU which have "0, nada, zip" to do with the game very clearly state that

"Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users."

is "illegal" and can get you banned. Strangely they don't ban or prohibit backdooring. For some reason it also does not read "in the sole and exclusive judgement of TheOmnipotentone". I wonder why... Might have something to do with the fact that backdooring is legit and you are just trolling.

I am out of this "discussion".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc201

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentone View Post
For the same reason you can't bring a Meekrat into a rugby game you shouldn't cheat and backdoor in DOTA genre games.
Rugby rules probably state who can be on the field, and I guess rules say "players" and "referee". Thus, nothing/noone else is allowed.
If it wasn't specified, you could take in your 3 cats to bring you good luck.
But it IS specified.

Staying at sports examples, let's consider a football match.
If I suddenly acquired psychic powers and could move the ball with my mind, I would win that one match or tournament, as there's no rule saying you can't control the ball with your mind (there are only rules for what the ball can actually touch).
However, after that match, new rules would be implemented so that this form of cheating would become impossible.

If Riot wanted to discourage or ban BDing after seeing that it's a gamewinning strategy sometimes, they would have done something to prevent players from doing it.

Have they done anything?

So is BDing discouraged or considered a form of cheating by Riot?
I emphasize: BY RIOT? What you think about it is irrelevant.

So what are we talking about again?

l2p and pack tele or fortify if you're so pissed about BD.

edit: it's also ridiculously easy to counter with wards


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2011

The proper two-step reaction to anyone who complains about backdooring is:
1) Say, "deal with it, nerd."
2) Go out of your way to backdoor as much as possible.

You should utilize any strategy which you believe will help you win. Complaints about backdooring are no less absurd than declaring that hiding in the brush is an exploit.

Here's another perfectly legal tactic I like to use in pub games: Stealth up next to someone, then ask them a question in all chat. When they stop to type, open up on them. Does this make me a jerk? You bet. But sometimes it gets me a kill, and that's what counts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JesusMaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentone View Post
DumbGenius, nice name its going to help my point later. First off, just because you laugh at your own incompetence doesn't make you correct... actually you're too easy come back and try again

Rocketball, what you first describe isn't backdooring. Secondly your point of that happening in DOTA and not LOL is backwards. In DOTA backdooring didn't happen they have a program that prevents people from being able to. Only in LOL is backdooring and issue as DOTA players quickly found alternatives to prevent this. Contrary to the fact that it IS ILLEGAL regardless of what Dumbgenius' say, pardon the pun, "All is fair in, love and war". The only reason I protest is it IS ILLEGAL and shows a supreme lack of skill on the part of the person backdooring. As I've stated before if you have to resort to backdooring you should try to get a better team or up your skill.

Way2co0l, Try quoting whole thoughts it makes you look as if you understand English. Looking purely at your comment you quote half a thought so any arguement would beat half a thought. Someone meaning to actually debate the topic would quote the entire thought so as to be able to counter. You sad attempt at understand statistics hurts the most tho. Obviously you need access to either a dictionary or Wikipedia to get the basics down. Furthermore the fact that you need validation for your ATTEMPTS to refute an obviously irrefutable point is pathetic to say the least. Side note if you only said troll one more time the Goblin King would have granted you a wish, maybe then you could finally join the English speaking community.

For all others, yes I am trolling you all its far to easy. With a basic understanding of the English language I can successfully invalidate and refute any and all points posed against me. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Keep trying guys, I enjoy the mindless banter.
The game isn't about team pushing and team fights. It's about pushing a tower, alone or with minions.

I rarely backdoor, but when I do, it's because the enemy team was stupid enough to let me do it.

Get better at the game and stop whining about something you can easily counter.


oh, and btw. People who backdoor actually have skill. If they didn't, they'd keep getting killed for no reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjljr

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacrifice View Post
No, it's not true. God actually kills a butterfly each time.
lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SiNpWnZ

Junior Member

03-10-2011

All in all, backdooring sometimes is considered cheap, but it has its uses. For example, about 2 weeks ago, in a normal game, I was twitch. Pushed mid lane, and killed both towers on the nexus. My team backed out, let them push mid lane. They then engaged in a team fight where the other team killed all of them and had all 5. (we both had superminions).

They encouraged me to run back to base and defend, but I waited. They pushed into our base and was killing our towers when I back doored the nexus and won the game. Its a legit tactic, and its something you just have to learn how to counter. It may be looked down upon, but all in all, anyone of us will do what it takes to win for that extra IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiskX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2011

isnt the whole objective of the game is to destroy the nexus or make you opponent surrender and blow up their base?

therefor BD=FTW


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOmnipotentone

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xachariah View Post
http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=h...1d46923c1fd398

First 5 hits:

4 say backdooring is legit.

1 wants backdooring changed to be "illegal" (still giggling) because it is currently legit.

Thanks for proofing my point, fool.



Yeah, why would the LEGAL aspects of operating game have something to do with something being ILLEGAL. l2read.

E.g. the ToU which have "0, nada, zip" to do with the game very clearly state that

"Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users."

is "illegal" and can get you banned. Strangely they don't ban or prohibit backdooring. For some reason it also does not read "in the sole and exclusive judgement of TheOmnipotentone". I wonder why... Might have something to do with the fact that backdooring is legit and you are just trolling.

I am out of this "discussion".
I'm glad to see you've finally acknowledge your error's, still need work on the whole legal terms thing and doing a google search correctly didn't know that was a skill set but hey you've proven me wrong. In REALITY the google search comes up with the first several pages that are a list of people who've been banned for backdooring as I can only assume you did the Google search and were presented with this you choosing to "opt out" of the discussion only goes to prove my point so thank you for your input and agreeableness.

And as you've read the "REAL" rules instead of the "LEGAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT" you seem to have finally realized that the REF's determine what is ILLEGAL and therefore combined with the DEFINITION of backdooring as "UNFAIR" and often described as "CHEATING" its refreshing too see you've finally come to your senses. Good Day and nice try.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOmnipotentone

Senior Member

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar Landelin View Post
The game isn't about team pushing and team fights. It's about pushing a tower, alone or with minions.

I rarely backdoor, but when I do, it's because the enemy team was stupid enough to let me do it.

Get better at the game and stop whining about something you can easily counter.


oh, and btw. People who backdoor actually have skill. If they didn't, they'd keep getting killed for no reason.
Again mentioning skill with backdooring only shows you've never actually played the game... you right click on the tower... and your done there is no skill involved what so ever, unless your implying clicking with your mouse as skill, which wouldn't be surprising come to think of it. Again nice try but common sense dictates otherwise.

NO idea who said anything about the game being team pushes, obviously wasn't me as the only way to win the game is to destroy the Nexus.

I have a feeling most of you have a bit of hard time understanding simple facts so here's one for you: I am fully aware people backdoor all the time and that you will not be arrested, as some moron put it, for doing so the fact you stated that is just sad. It takes 0 skill what so ever to BD and it is Against the rules if your mental capacity was beyond that of merely looking at words a repeating them. For the same reason every single action that is prohibited by law is not stated I doubt they thought they had to include, along with no cheating, specific examples. Your statements have actually won the battle merely due to the fact that in order to clarify this someone is going to literally have to dumb down the entire rule book so people can clearly see what EVER SINGLE prohibited action is.

And no one is really going to tell everyone how to get me to stop posting yet? I mean PSYCH 101 anyone, Basic common sense when dealing with annoying people, any of this sparking an insight in anyone??? I mean really I'm the first annoying person any of you have ever met? This is almost getting ridiculous from my point of view