Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greensamo

03-31-2010

Recall takes 8 seconds, TF downs tower+inhib in 10-15... you thik you can get from your base pool to your inhib to stop him in 2-3 seconds? sure.

Yi is even faster.

Logicill

03-31-2010

backdooring is perfectly acceptable strategy in mine and many other's books.

Sure, it's dirty, underhanded, and a maybe even a low blow, but this is war. You do what you can every chance you get. It's part of the game, and it's legal to do.

There's only two things in this world. Things a man can do, and things a man can't do. A man can backdoor. A man can't teleport across the map 2 minutes into the game and destroy your nexus.

Don't leave yourself so vulnerable to defeat and it won't be such a big deal anymore.

Survive or Die.

GiggleDemadon

09-30-2010

I think bd is looked down, because it was an unintended and unwanted strat available in DotA, because the map didn't have any settings to prevent this (they later tried making the towers heal when someone bd's, but that hardly did anything in a late-game).

In LoL, if bd is seen to be a strat that drains too much of the fun from the game, then enough complaints should convince the mods to make changes that counter bd, like making the towers invincible if there isn't a creep in the vicinity, healing the tower, or increasing the tower's deadlines or something if there aren't creeps nearby. Until the mods start to try and prevent players from bd'ing, I think they intend for players to bd if there is a prosperous moment for it.

Personally, I don't like bd, because it one-sides the game to champions that bulk up and go straight to the towers which, without the general ethics of non-bd or inclusion of anti-bd measures, will change the game entirely to standing guard at your towers and sending out your own heroes to bd theirs. With free bd, the whole game will revolve around avoiding interaction and merely resort to attacking the towers your enemies aren't protecting.
As long as anti-bd DotA players continue to outnumber and actively resist strategic players, I think the game will avoid full realization of the superior advantage of bd.

I continue to bd when possible, because of its advantages to win. The mods' non-reaction to bd will continue to tell me they want us to bd. People chew me out sometimes when I bd and I just tell them to complain to the mods so they can find out how wrong they are, by the non-response they get. If the mods ever respond to their complaints by fixing the issue I'll still be happy, because the game will be changed to my perspective of a more fun way to play.

Hebuska

09-30-2010

I backdoor on every character, Even Veigar.

Slide

09-30-2010

This thread is from 2009.

Major Necro.

@Giggledemon: Only scrubs look down on BD. RIOT supports it, the community supports it only bads with no map awareness have any problem with it.

When someone says ANYTHING about backdooring the proper response is: L2P

Bjorns

09-30-2010

people shouldnt complain about bding towers i mean if they let the guy feed that much its their fault speakin of which i soloed 2 towers in a row with garen lol towers did 87 damage to me lmao

MehtaMezhan

09-30-2010

Quote:
Secret Santana:
However, this stinks of nonsense. There are no gentlemen's rules in war. Exploits are one thing, this is using your game-given abilities to do what you're supposed to do.

It felt like people whining about counter spells in Magic, or throws in Street Fighter. Just adapt and fight back, or continue being bad. If I've been playing a week and I've already passed you in tactics... that says a lot.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

No really, backdooring is a touchy issue.
In my opinion, it's perfectly legitimate.

OTOH, I will always ***** out & generally troll an enemy backdoorer.
Sometimes they stop, or neglect to backdoor further.
Their loss.

As you said, there are no gentleman's rules in war.

Alex Pan

09-30-2010

Quote:
Logicill:

Survive or Die.

Is there a general consensus that there is a third option or something?

MehtaMezhan

09-30-2010

Quote:
Alex Pan:
Is there a general consensus that there is a third option or something?

Yes. As Eddie Izzard has asked: "CAKE OR DEATH?!"
This would seem to indicate a third option.

However, some gamers have informed me that the cake may not be entirely truthful.

Snodog00

11-20-2010

The reason back dooring is so cheap is because of characters like Yi who can run around and kill everything without any knowledge. That is an uneven advantage. I JUST had a game where we were on the push, both of the teams inhibitors were down, and our team had our towers down, the other team didnt, well Yi just waltzes through our base like its nothing and within a few swings wins the game where we were pushing like mad. Its a cheap way to win, and should never do it. We were all the way on the other side of the map, couldnt do anything about it, the port didnt get done in time and even if it did, it was already dead by the time we would be able to kill Yi. Its cheap, underhanded, and yes, there are gentleman rules in games. If you dont think you should abide by them, then you should find a new game.