What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pogdhu

03-30-2010

what people complain about its the situation where both base are defensless or almost and no team can win, because of a possible backdoor, if all the team go to push u get backdoored if u put only 1 guy in defence u will be backdoored too (since a good carrie can 5 sec kill nexus) so it ends up with both team waiting in their base. backdoor makes some games last forever (i did one of 1H40, thats 50min of jerking off in our base waiting).

Franz Josef

03-30-2010

Backdooring is not cheap and lame. I won a game were my team did 19-66 yesterday. Took an hour of hard work and running from a lot of lost teamfights. If that should be cheap and lame, explain pls.

Mike Slaughter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Backdooring is a beautiful thing. Was playing a good game where we got the advantage on the other team and were really pushing them back. They had a Twitch and a TF, Twitch just stealthed into our base and TF teleported, nearly destroyed the Nexus.
I personally found it quite silly that just them two could do that, they destroyed the Nexus towers also with ease. Is it still true that Twitch has a range outside the towers using his ultimate?
It changed the game quite a bit, our offense was completely broken and the Nexus was so low 3 of us kept back defending it with wards and such. Then we proceeded to crush them after a good 5 mins of that.

I also had a really bad BD whiner in one game, this guy was playing Master Yi and had gotten a bit more kills than us so he was a bit stronger. It was a very equal game but the other team had a bit of an advantage on us. When this Yi was told to go kill that low hp tower at the back he effectively stopped playing, started telling both teams how lame he considered backdooring, explained what horrible teammates we were and how much we sucked and how good he was, then proceeded to whine for the rest of the game about everything that went wrong.

In yet another game my team was actually slaughtering the other team, we had an obvious kill advantage. They just slowly destroyed our base and kept us defending. They won.

Understandable since LoL is not about that 5vs5 team combat in the endgame, it's about destroying the enemy base.

Backdooring is a very valid tactic and, as has been said before, those who oppose it are scrubs. Anyone who enters a match with the idea it's a tactic that should be avoided is damaging his team.

NullDragon

03-30-2010

The banned backdooring in DotA: Teleporting into the enemy base, destroying the enemy throne or whatever without destroying the towers first.

You in LoL and in DotA have to take down the towers first before attacking the nexus/objective. Therefore, backdooring does not exist(the illegal kind anyway).

I think of this kind of backdooring as an incentive to hurry the **** up and win already instead of farming kills.

GamBino826

03-30-2010

Just tell them it's not DOTA and take a loss.

Funniest thing was, I remember when I played as Udyr, and the other team was completely down, and I took down a turret by myself, and the other team commented, "Nice backdooring." I was like "what backdooring, where's your team?"

Khaosk

03-30-2010

I don't mind the regular kind of backdooring, but teleport backdooring is irritating and impossible to defend against. I'm looking at TF, Pantheon, and Shen.

Tha PowdaMan

03-30-2010

I'm king BD. Being that I've never played DOTA or whatever, I don't know the concept. I'll do whatever I have to do in order to get my team the win. Even TF bomb there base. It's not like you can just walk in and destroy it, you have to go through the tiers of towers first.

ratface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

so ur saying a legit strat would be a pantheon, Twisted fate, and a shen. all ult in to a tower and wreck it. your saying this isn't a little ******ed when there is nothing ur team can do unless they can port in and stop 3 champs.

KirbyHero

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Santana View Post
I just got seriously chewed out by both teams for killing a tower. I thought I was supposed to kill towers.

I started playing last week so I asked them to explain. They said killing buildings without minions is "cheap." I thought it was playing the game, or at least my character, Master Yi.

So I said sorry and politely continued to play their way (winning anyway). However, this stinks of nonsense. There are no gentlemen's rules in war. Exploits are one thing, this is using your game-given abilities to do what you're supposed to do.

It felt like people whining about counter spells in Magic, or throws in Street Fighter. Just adapt and fight back, or continue being bad. If I've been playing a week and I've already passed you in tactics... that says a lot.

Cheers
Don't give in to scrubs bro.

Do what's right.

Soookayyy

03-30-2010

I am personally not a fan of losing.

That being said if your all outside of your base and Destiny is up. i am sorry but your base is going to look like Iraq