What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phantom Wind

03-09-2010

I have not much comments about back doors but the game becomes really long if it ends in a back door competition.

the best back door strategy wins.

you end up waiting for the other team to move and make a mistake.

I had one which lasted more than one hour, we won because I got lucky and was on the same spot where their twisted fate teleported using gate.

KaiTo1520

03-09-2010

Well,,, the point is... they suck too much that they let you get to that state where you can solo towers... and that they suck more for not killing 4 of your teammates nor defending their towers... Backdooring is my hobby haha... i don't give a **** of what they'll say,,, their whining won't stop me playing or winning... so they're just wasting their time... BD is an awesome tactic...

Mr Snuts

03-12-2010

The thing I think that makes it worse right now is there are teams that aren't doing it just to be honorable, where as other teams will play that way until they start losing. I don't think everyone knows where everyone stands on it and that's whats causing the fits/tantrums. I personally have witnessed too many games where backdooring is done by a losing team just to slow down the game, which annoys the piss out of me, but if it's endorsed by Riot, I'll make sure to make it well known that it's a viable option.

Geddyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

I got called out for backdooring last night. I took down a tower with just a sliver of health left without waiting for the minions and the opposing team whined to high heaven about it.

It's good to see the general consensus isn't the same as the morons I played against last night.

I also agree with those saying that those who play in higher ELO brackets don't see the whining as much, since my friend backdoored their nexus with Twitch as all 5 of the other team pushed his team's nexus and they congratulated him for being sneaky.

Chisleu

03-20-2010

"Backdooring" doesn't apply to this game. Ignore the criticisms. It's only "backdooring" because they aren't doing what they should be doing, defending.

When people BD me, I talk **** too, because it's fun. I'm just talking trash. It doesn't mean I wouldn't do it if Taric was able. haha. silly tanky tank.

Cyst

03-20-2010

Let the noobs cry that you backdoored thier butts

I was on TF and team mate was on Pantheon we back doored game and won

Who is the noob... the people who lost cause they didn't defend base or have 1 TELEPORT?

or the team that actually knows how to play to win.

FalconPAWNCH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Only problem I have with BD in LoL is that it's hard to counter it without being prepared beforehand. If you prepare for BD with teleport/fortify then you have to sacrifice other summoner spells for them. Plus some heroes are ridiculously good at BDing and the rest of their team can instigate a push at another tower or team fight as a distraction. If you don't have all your team you lose the team fight but lose the tower, and if you spread out to prepare for a BD they can just push one tower anyway.

Dota had a rule where you could BD any tower except for base towers. Plus dota at least had ways to counter BD with TP scrolls, item abilities like sheepstick, and foreknowledge of what heroes the enemy team had.

I have no problem with BD but maybe give us an out that's available in game via items/tower ability that can prevent it?

Handbananna

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123birds View Post
Back dooring if frowned upon because of dota. Basicaly, you got banned if you did it. Since most of the people playing LOL are DOTA players too, expept the same replies about stuff like this. Also yi is the character that is made for BDing and has ridiculous tower damage.

Correction, you got banned in SOME dota tourney play, and it was widely considered to be bad manners (not that this even matters). Also most people don't even correctly define backdooring, as it was something that was coined by furion and true back dooring no longer an actually even possible in dota. Now people just think killing a building without their creeps around is back dooring.

For those not familiar, in DoTA you used to be able to kill the towers out of order, which was fixed a long time ago because people playing furion would use hi global teleport to come into the enemy base summon tree pets and kill a tower and possibly the barracks before enemies had time to respond if no one had boots of travel or scrolls. This was where the term came from, and why it was originally an issue in tourneys (because this one lone hero was the only one really capable of doing this, any other heroes trying it you could see coming as they had to run in). Also for those not familiar with dota, the barracks did not respawn, having the lanes all spawning super creeps was a much bigger detriment in dota than here in lol.

Basically you can't backdoor, but scrubs would still rather cry about anything, including legitimate tactics they don't feel they should have to bother contending with. If people want to call you a loser or *** for winning the game, so be it, let them wallow in their own inability to play them game and continue losing, the important part is you're winning or at least trying what you can to win.

Now if you want to be legitimately lame, you can do what some failboat teams do when they're winning, and drag the game out forever by not continuing to wreck your base or kill the nexus after they've just aced your team in the middle of your base. And have a giant wave of creeps with 60s left on your respawn. Yea, I've see people do that **** repeatedly and drag games out for an additional 30-40 minutes for god knows why. Don't bother me though, I can just go afk and watch TV if my whole teams feeding and the enemy won't end it.

Pufri

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super AL Supreme View Post
If you weren't paying enough attention to the mini-map and having your team call out MIAs thats your fault for letting that champion out.
This. Complaining about backdooring is like complaining if two people go mid at the start of a game to get an early first blood. If you dont like it, dont put yourself in the situation to have it done to you. defend your lanes and when you have a number advantage through kills, converge and push. simple as that

KaiTo1520

03-30-2010

Quote:
For those not familiar, in DoTA you used to be able to kill the towers out of order,

Finally, This is the definition of backdooring... i hope Kids/ people with lesser IQ will understand this... so this eternal bickering would end...