What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie Irwin

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
o.O making your opponents whine is like taking opiates for a competitive gamer.
I never thought of it in those terms, but I think everyone who's into gaming gets a semi chubby when they know someone rages or throws a fit because you just owned them. That's the only thing that kept me playing WOW for as long as I did.

MegaOverlord

03-08-2010

Towers do rape damage in this game so if someone gets fed enough to take on a tower on their own, the game should be ending anyways. Besides, this function was built into Dota recently: there's an anti-BD function that reduces damage when minions aren't around that can be overcome by pure DPS. IMO all it takes is 1 player with a disable and some map awareness to blue pill and stop a BD.

CoreBreaker

03-08-2010

Don't pay any mind to the whiners. They just can't accept the fact that they lack the skill to counter a simple strategy.

I've been complained to so many times for being a sneaky player and surprising the enemy out of nowhere, despite not playing stealth characters, it's genuinely lead me to believe that people can and WILL wine the moment something doesn't go as they would expect.

One of my best examples being a game where the battles were tight, no one could push, then someone on our side slipped (Can't remember if it was me, probably, but w/e). From that point on they were nailing us pretty badly till we decided to adopt guerila tactics and turned the game around, allowing us to make a comeback victory despite the level/kill difference.

They carried on calling BG and saying we were noobs and such, but the fact remained that they were completely unable to stop us the moment we stopped simply going head first into the slaughter house.

I mean, if not that, what WERE we supposed to do? Let them win just because they had a level advantage and better team battle makeup? Were we just supposted to yield to all their AoEs and stuns that was proven to not be aproacheable by our entire team?

CrackerNaper

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Backdooring is cheap and lame.Simple as that.End game is about team combat (either 5v5 or smaller ones).It isnt about chasing around 1x lamer that backdoors and keeps switching lanes.Go play Tetris if you want to use that kind of strategy (rofl)...
sigh.... L2P

CrackerNaper

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherin View Post
The people who complain about backdooring are the same ones who will throw a fit if you beat them in Street Fighter (or whatever) using only low kick. And yet it works again and again.

Get over it, crying doesn't make you a better player, adapting does.

Key Word "adapting", map awareness is a large part of LOL, sure I hate when sivir rips thru a tower when we are all in a team fight, but I think to my self " we should have been paying attention" one person could B back and hold her off or chase her down with the team coming to help teach her the lesson that if she keeps doing that were gona have a little 5v1 fun with her.

starmonkey

03-08-2010

The problem is that, end-game, the fun's in the team combat. As has already been written, 4 players playing defensively in mid with one guy bombing towers (Yi will usually down a tower before you can kill him) is no fun.

It means that the other team has to play defensively to guard against Yi repeating the process to victory.

They call it a "dog move" in fighting games, where you work out a combination of attacks that has no counter, then just repeat it ad-nauseum.

The main issue is that Yi has no value late-game, so he can only BD.

iRaoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey View Post
The main issue is that Yi has no value late-game, so he can only BD.
lmao, end game Yi no value ? phantom, infinite edge, malady, shoes bersekers something and good health/armor item is enough to rape any of your champion on 1v1 and even 2v1, you should just see the damage and crazy attack speed it got at lvl 18 with E and R skill together. i can tell you Yi sucks, learn toplay it before you talk. now your gonna tell me any champ with that own, but those with Yi R skill is godlike

Eviant

03-08-2010

As I've stated in other threads, Backdooring is a very risky proposition. You put your team at a great disadvantage by doing so, either because they send a champ to kill you and put your team 4v5 for a while. If they don't, they push with a 5v4 at your base.

Though, I'm a bit confused. I thought backdooring just meant attacking a tower in a lane that is not being focused, ie; You take a inner tower in the bot lane while the team fight is occurring in mid lane. Or actually running through the jungle to pass behind the team fight and attack the tower behind them XD
(Did it in one game...Warwick tanked for me...which was sad lol, but I think we won because of that.)

PointZero

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Backdooring is cheap and lame.Simple as that.End game is about team combat (either 5v5 or smaller ones).It isnt about chasing around 1x lamer that backdoors and keeps switching lanes.Go play Tetris if you want to use that kind of strategy (rofl)...

Dude backdoor is a beautiful thing... :P its not cheap and lame. IF it was, then what was Twitch's purpose in destroying turrets secretly when the game gets to a point where both sides cant out push one another, back door really comes in handy. plus its LoL not Dota

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Santana View Post
I just got seriously chewed out by both teams for killing a tower. I thought I was supposed to kill towers.

I started playing last week so I asked them to explain. They said killing buildings without minions is "cheap." I thought it was playing the game, or at least my character, Master Yi.

So I said sorry and politely continued to play their way (winning anyway). However, this stinks of nonsense. There are no gentlemen's rules in war. Exploits are one thing, this is using your game-given abilities to do what you're supposed to do.

It felt like people whining about counter spells in Magic, or throws in Street Fighter. Just adapt and fight back, or continue being bad. If I've been playing a week and I've already passed you in tactics... that says a lot.

Cheers
guess i'll explain again why BD is a LEGIT TACTIC.
think about this Strat. 5-man ganking ONE enemy champ. EVERYONE says it's okay. BUT when ONE champ (or more) BD's a tower. THE WHOLE ****ING UNIVERSE COLLAPSE!!
i believe i made my point here~

and on a side note. there are things called WARDS. buy them. PLACE THEM IN YOUR JUNGLE. and feel free to CHECK YOUR MAP to see if any enemy champion decides to BD your tower's or Inhibs. most likely than not. they will venture through your jungle which makes them visible to you and your teammates because you were smart enough to place wards in the jungle to somewhat give your team a 'Heads-Up' when a BD is about to take place.