best way to build ap mord?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jrock

09-14-2010

i played against an ap mord and he just completely rolled my whole team with ******ed damage and also he took no damage lol... i dont remember his build and would like anyones input on this i wna know what runes to use what masteries and itemss

Uroz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Totally random but...

Jrock, WoW, Rogue, Draenor?

Thellais

09-14-2010

Yeah, I would never build an AP Morde, hes just so much better as a tank, not to mention his ap ratios are truely horrible.

Domitan

09-14-2010

Magic Pen Morde with some survivability /thread

Hoopaah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

AP morde is amazing. first thing you need to get is your boots M3 then get frozen mallet( ya i know is AD) this will stop people from runing away from you. then get crystel skepter..which will give you more HP and AP... after that get that Ap items that stacks with kills( cant remeber name, something wierd like majicua*) from there i would start getting more tank items depending on who your fighting aginst..if your unsure where to start get gardian angle( cant go wrong there) the reason y ap is important for morde is that it builds your shield up faster with every ability making you harder to kill in big group fights....every abaility will nearly max out your shield or at least get 50% of it depending on how many people and creeps are there

Disaresta

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitan View Post
Magic Pen Morde with some survivability /thread
Doran's Shield
Sorc Boots
Sunfire
Haunting Guise
Abyssal

Last item can be whatever; another sunfire perhaps. It's more important to build against the enemy team. For example, if they're AD heavy, you might want a Randuin's Omen.

Mpen reds, Mres/lvl or dodge, Mres/lvl or CDR/lvl, HP Quints.

E>W>Q>R

Solo if possible. Morde can be good anti-carry.

Redenbacher

09-15-2010

The only two AP items viable on Mordekaiser, in my opinion, are Abyssal Scepter and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Incredibly (insanely) situational is Void Staff, if the majority of the enemy team has over 100 MR.

Regardless, you don't buy these items for AP, you buy them for their utility. Abyssal has MR Reduction Aura and Magic Resistance, and Rylai's Crystal Scepter turns all your skills in to an AoE slow.

Haunting Guise, while 'viable' for the magic penetration, is a cheap low-tier item. Morde's incredible farming capability allows him to fill all of his slots with top-tier items - so there is no reason to use the 'cheap' stuff.

alsowikk

09-15-2010

Ap morde isn't viable, however magic pen morde is VERY strong. The difference is that Morde has low AP ratio's but the nature of his attacks makes him much better suited to using magic pen for extra shield.

Carados

09-15-2010

AP Morde is the only Morde. MPen is still the primary damage stat after Cooldown Reduction, but AP does add a significant amount of damage over the course of the game.

Keep in mind that the more magic penetration you get, the more targets in your spell, and the more cooldown reduction you get, the more valuable AP becomes.

Generally, something like this is what you want:

Bead + Potions
Warden's Mail.
Rylais
Abyssal
Randuin's
*Luxury items*

Luxury items are things like DFG, Gaurdian Angel, Lich Bane, Zhonyas, Haunting Guise, and so on.

You're still beefy as hell and have two sources of CC from abilities, and 100 armor, 57 (+Merc Treads) magic resistance, and the HP from Rylais and Randuins.

Boots are Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi, just like every other champion in the game.

And, just like every Morde build:
Red: Magic Pen.
Yellow: Dodge.
Blue: Flat CDR.
Purple: Flat HP.

Get one point in everything by 4, R>E>W>Q.

Q is worthless.

And, for the love of Eris, don't build Sunfire Capes read his abilities

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Purple: Flat HP.
Wouldn't MPen be better?