Midwick, viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChemoshofBones

09-18-2010

i was thinking about warwick and ive always noticed he is good at covering lanes with blue buff so i had a idea... MIDWICK! instead of bloodrazor rush manamune, follwoed by boots then bloodrazor, start with a meki pendant and couple health pots.

Granted he will start out a bit defencive in mid... but he should not die EVER if played right of course... widdle the enemy down with random life drains when you can do so safely if not just lifedrain a mob and use your attack speed boost to rape mobwaves.... still take smite as you will want to go do dragon when you can and the extra gold /free mob kill while laning adds up.

am i missing something?

pros:
ability to safely hold lane indefinatly
faster leveling then jungle
harass ability without much danger since life is returned....(althoguh some champions you wont be able to harass till 6)
when you get to 6 you get a ensured kill whenever recast is back provided your smart about it
if you successfully kilkl enemy, tower is sure to be greatly damaged every time.

cons:
if stuck in lane vs a hero your havign trouble harassing cant gank sidelanes
prone to cc based ganks from multiuple heros(mias can prevent this, and other mid toons just as vulnerable)
low range so can end up turtling( not bad but rely on sidelanes to make a real push, although your tower shouldnt be taking dmg in this mode.... so double edged sword)

as for items, as i stated above i think manamune works here, it quickly gives you more dmg on your swigns and the manaregen/ larger mana pool tie in ncie to keep you going + when you get to bloodrazor you hurt that much more.

thoughts? just a toon you dont see much in mid if ever, i think he can do well there.

Smellis

09-18-2010

No, WW cannot handle mid as hes very easy to zone out regardless of how much self healing he can have. A good ranged will put you in your place every time. All that said, your team doesn't benefit much from having you getting that bonus exp/gold as even with a few tanky items WW will die very fast while only being able to ult one person.

Stick him in the jungle or a side lane, hes an assassin character for a reason.

EkardNT

09-18-2010

I support Midwick. Any additional easy games for my Tristana mid will be greatly appreciated (just played vs. a Trynd mid, Midwick sounds just as delicious).

ChemoshofBones

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkardNT View Post
I support Midwick. Any additional easy games for my Tristana mid will be greatly appreciated (just played vs. a Trynd mid, Midwick sounds just as delicious).

i garentee you ww would not be easy for trist. untless the wick player is plain dumb.... in fact... trist would be a ideal mid enemy for ww....

McRofls

09-19-2010

Warwick is so easy to harass. Solo or side, he's just not a strong lane character. If Warwick isn't in the jungle and ganking he's useless.

Diomedea

09-19-2010

There's nothing less threatening than a laner Warwick. Except maybe a laner Udyr. The fact you're not jungling removes the surprise factor of seeing you pop out of the brushes, if you keep leaving your lane to get neutral buffs you'll fall behind in exp very fast, and without them you lose the other part of what makes a jungler threatening.

Any ranged character can farm freely without having to worry about you, and they can harass you effortlessly, while they watch you deplete your mp bar trying to keep yourself healed. The likeliness of you killing someone on your own is nearly zero since without any way of harassing you have to take them down from full HP to nothing in one go, before they reach their tower. Additionally you have no escape mechanisms to survive ganks or any other risky situation.

Greatrabe

09-19-2010

Why do you want mid?
To outlevel the side lanes and gain your ult earlier, and to prevent enemy mid from doing the same

WW cant harass very well early game, and can outlevel side lanes in the jungle whilst allowing a third player to have better than a duo lane in levels. Therefore WW is more useful in the jungle

ChemoshofBones

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrild View Post
There's nothing less threatening than a laner Warwick. Except maybe a laner Udyr. The fact you're not jungling removes the surprise factor of seeing you pop out of the brushes, if you keep leaving your lane to get neutral buffs you'll fall behind in exp very fast, and without them you lose the other part of what makes a jungler threatening.

Any ranged character can farm freely without having to worry about you, and they can harass you effortlessly, while they watch you deplete your mp bar trying to keep yourself healed. The likeliness of you killing someone on your own is nearly zero since without any way of harassing you have to take them down from full HP to nothing in one go, before they reach their tower. Additionally you have no escape mechanisms to survive ganks or any other risky situation.
till 6 when ww basically keeps them zoned ... if thye press forward they screw themselves because it goes > ult drain repeat.... oh well i think it just makes your mid a solid wall.

TheBestDD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

mid warwick will fail hard against ranged casters or dpsers or sometimes against tanks such as (mordekaiser)

wolves are means to be in the jungle :P

LolGuno

09-19-2010

WW will get his tower owned by any good ashe/trist. Waiting to level 6.. not gonna happen, you need red buff to kill. YOU WILL NOT KILL with just his ult