The Taric Remake: A fail of Riotlike Proportion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

Pre-Remake Taric was 100% fine and boasted one of the highest win rates.

Post-Remake he was an OP jungler, a semi-viable top laner and a tanky/mage support who was a touch on the strong side.
Post-Remake he definitely needed some tweaking... but now he is worse than when he started judging by win rates.

So they nerfed him =HARD=

all around fail.

(conspiracy theory)
It seems to me that he was buffed despite being one of the champions with the highest win rates only because the community knew that he was balanced and would be upset if he was nerfed. As he was perceived as 'balanced' riot buffed him to make people cry IMBA! so they could nerf him.

Sslazze

04-23-2013

...Taric is still a strong pick.

Swift Gambit

04-23-2013

The rework was intended to shift where he was played, and it did but they needed to nerf his ability to support. The Problem is he's intended to be a utility jungle/top so by nerfing his support they nerfed what they intended to buff.

Swift Gambit

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sslazze View Post
...Taric is still a strong pick.
Not for jungle/top.

LTnoodleburger

04-23-2013

in theory everyone should have about a 50% win rate, right? If the game was really balanced. Granted not every champion is played equally. They often nerf champs that have a high win rate, because theres something there that makes him an all around better choice than other champs. At least thats how I see it.

Sslazze

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Gambit View Post
Not for jungle/top.
For top yes, they wrecked him.

But as a jungler he is still a viable pick imo

Fabulous Velour

04-23-2013

Do you remember when they changed his heal so that it had a longer cooldown but would decrease at double the rate when auto attacking champions, so if you were constantly autoing it would actually have a lower cd than before. This would seem to imply that riot wanted him to be an agressive tanky dude always attacking the enemies then shrugging off the damage by healing himself and an ally. When they did that I liked to take around 1/3 of the farm and rush a wits end, it worked pretty well. Stun someone, turn on your ultimate and go to town.

Then in literally THE VERY NEXT PATCH they "reworked" his ultimate and removed the self heal from it making him far, far, squishier. How am I supposed to be constantly auto attacking if I cant tank nearly as effectively anymore? Back then you could get 500 damage off a stun at melee range without any ap too.

Sometimes I wonder about riot...

Cire Egdoh

04-23-2013

I agree, I feel like they nerfed everything about him but I feel he is even less viable in the top/mid/jungle lane and now really only worth anything as a support. (coming from a Taric player who used to pray for him in ARAMS and in other lanes)

Aakesh

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire Egdoh View Post
I agree, I feel like they nerfed everything about him but I feel he is even less viable in the top/mid/jungle lane and now really only worth anything as a support. (coming from a Taric player who used to pray for him in ARAMS and in other lanes)

All the supports have been nerf to point were they are just baby sitters

Some of the nerfs overall look like riot having fit over how they were being played.

PhysicsMoneyWeed

04-23-2013

Taric had like a 60% win rate and was one of the highest picked or banned champs in the game.

So, yeah, he probably needed to be toned down.