How to Make Better Calls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PianiParty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

I'm ~1350 ELO player. I nearly always win my lane, am pretty good in the actual team fights, so-so at CSing. I think what holds me back is that I make bad calls and decisions.

How do I make better calls? How do I know when it's safe to baron and when it's not? How do I predict when it's good to engage and when it's not? How do I know when to gank another lane and when to keep free-farming?

KnightxSScarlett

09-02-2012

Experience

MarlaMazzyHope

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianiParty View Post
I'm ~1350 ELO player. I nearly always win my lane, am pretty good in the actual team fights, so-so at CSing. I think what holds me back is that I make bad calls and decisions.

How do I make better calls? How do I know when it's safe to baron and when it's not? How do I predict when it's good to engage and when it's not? How do I know when to gank another lane and when to keep free-farming?
You look strong with your top 3, certainly better than I am. Did you watch MLG or regionals? Cass Trist and Ryze all make some appearances so I'd watch how they enter the teamfights, and how they gtfo.

WatDaWat

09-02-2012

Always assume the worst case scenario

TeknoWizard

09-02-2012

Guess what you can do for the biggest reward with the least risk. Also, I try to think about what someone better than I would do in that situation.

EliteCC dutchi

09-03-2012

Watch pros stream, thats how you get better.

DubstepHippos

09-03-2012

When to Baron: kill off their main damage dealers (AD/AP carry), then Contest for Baron is nooooo problem

Harukii

09-03-2012

To make better calls you have to have experience and a bit of thinking capacity.

When to baron: You should be thinking, Is it warded, if it is warded, would we be able to win a team-fight if the enemy team came. How fast can we kill baron, did we kill enough of the enemy team's main damage to successfully snag baron?

When to engage: Glance at your map, is your team all together or is your Teemo STILL trying to backdoor. Who does the most damage in your team? Are they being targeted? If so by who? Stop them from targetting by aiming at them first. Engaging normally has to do with if your team knows who to target, and if they're all together.

When to gank: Who is MIA? Does your enemy have flash. If you enemy flashes away do you have a method of closing the gap? Are your teammates in that lane too low to gank, are they oom? Etc etc.

Like someone said before making good calls depends on if you can think of all or as many possible scenarios that could occur.