Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New players should be encouraged to learn on dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

09-02-2012

Anytime after I play in a featured game I get a bunch of random friends requests from new players who were watching the match. Lately instead of ignoring them I've actually been adding them and telling them that they should give dominion a shot. In a lot of cases these players have never tried the gamemode before.

It's perfect for a new player to learn on. There's constant teamfighting which means they learn their own champ as well as other champs really quickly. There's less focus on mechanical skill in terms of last hitting and a lot more emphasis on map awareness. Something so important for a new player to learn. Most importantly it's fun, and you won't have a 30/1 Shaco stomping them for an hour because a smurf decided to play.

I know it's weird to get those random friends requests but I highly encourage everyone in the community to recommend dominion to those that add them. It'll help the community grow and get the gamemode some more attention.

FDru

09-02-2012

I was adding randoms for awhile but I had to stop cause of SR invite spam.

Genericke

09-02-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I was adding randoms for awhile but I had to stop cause of SR invite spam.

I move them all to a folder and then quietly remove them from my friends list a few days later.

Phourc

09-02-2012

I kind of like this idea, though I was under the impression that the simple and linear combat of SR made it easier for new players to pick up on what they should be doing.

Though really, they should just learn on the bestest mode, we all know SR is just training wheels for the REAL League of Legends xP

FDru

09-02-2012

Quote:
Phourc:
I kind of like this idea, though I was under the impression that the simple and linear combat of SR made it easier for new players to pick up on what they should be doing.

Though really, they should just learn on the bestest mode, we all know SR is just training wheels for the REAL League of Legends xP

It is a tangled web you weave.