Is Karma really underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaigar

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Sachae View Post
Karma is amazing at pulling out clutch saves, her sustain is amazing, and there is no time at which she's not contributing something to the team. The issue is that her mana hunger and sheer damage focus make her into a more effective mid/top than a true support, which takes her out of the current metagame. It's not her lack of ability that makes her rarely used (and thus seen as "underpowered") but the fact that she has no real position on a team. Lux has the same problem - there are more viable mids, and she's a combat support, not zero-CS.

But no, she's great.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I don't think shes weak at all, its just her Spirit Bond is so hard to use, I would argue its the hardest skill in the game to max its potential on.

The popular champions are ones that fit into any comp. Karma needs a particular team to function well and people aren't willing to spend the time to develop a new strat that utilizes her because building a specific team comp is easily countered via bans.

Treza

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
You can post all the numbers you want but the fact of the matter is, solo queue numbers do not favor high skill cap champs or unpopular champs. No champ is underpowered, just situational.
except shes consistently last in every sample since ever... you can deny it as you like but karma has a consistently poor win ratio which is as close to proof as you can ever get in a video game such as league of legends

your opinion does not trump math ever

and who cares if she cant carry? you know who can? GOOD CHAMPIONS

MarlaMazzyHope

09-02-2012

people who play LoL have this idea that champs can be OP, but they can't be underpowered.

NoneLikeRob

09-03-2012

I have never played Karma myself, but a friend of mine mains her and i can say without a doubt she is a beast. if for nothing else but her OP shield that damn near gives you double health.