So I See They Still Don't Care About Dom, Big Surprise!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

09-02-2012

SSIA. They will never give you ranked dominion.

Future of Dom:

Season 14
Dom Patch Updates
(adjusted the colors on the map)

Yep, they will never give you rank.

DevlJoe

09-02-2012

Hello to you too friend, thank you for a productive post! We should all strive to reach your standard of posting you high quality human being!

LegendaryEnemy

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
Hello to you too friend, thank you for a productive post! We should all strive to reach your standard of posting you high quality human being!
When you have been around as long as he has, then you can comment on whether his frustrations are valid.

HaIfhearted

09-02-2012

I'm actually somewhat optimistic about the future.
For one, Dominion has gotten a lot bigger than it used to be, and is growing at an ever increasing rate.

On top of that, there are a *lot* of signs that point towards something big for Dom in its future.

Morello replied to a post of mine in GD a short while back basically saying that Riot has the structure to actually support Dominion now, and a guy who works pretty closely with Riot on these sort of things was like "well, I cant tell you anything but *wink wink* "

So yeah, I'm going to be an optimist for once, and give the forecast a 85-90% chance of ranked ^_^

Kiddalee

09-02-2012

It's this guy again...

Orphane

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryEnemy View Post
When you have been around as long as he has, then you can comment on whether his frustrations are valid.
Except he never did anything but post rage threads and quitting threads, so he never really contributed.

FDru

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I'm actually somewhat optimistic about the future.
For one, Dominion has gotten a lot bigger than it used to be, and is growing at an ever increasing rate.
Based on what? I see roughly the same number of teams participating in tournaments, draft queue times are horrendous even at entry level now, and blind queue times aren't exactly hot either. If you asked me, I would say participation is down rather than up.

Quote:
On top of that, there are a *lot* of signs that point towards something big for Dom in its future.
There's a lot of talk with no action, and long standing bugs and issues being ignored (like the music cutting out, the cursor bug and broken queue dodge penalty). Basic things not being fixed does not indicate that Riot is actually paying any attention to this map.

Quote:
Morello replied to a post of mine in GD a short while back basically saying that Riot has the structure to actually support Dominion now, and a guy who works pretty closely with Riot on these sort of things was like "well, I cant tell you anything but *wink wink* "
So now they say they can support Dominion, implying all of their previous "supporting" of Dominion was make-believe. At least the second part is demonstrably true. Why you actually expect anything real to happen after this much negligence is a mystery to me.

Quote:
So yeah, I'm going to be an optimist for once, and give the forecast a 85-90% chance of ranked ^_^
I wouldn't be surprised to never see ranked, because it's going to be a joke with the current state of Dominion balance and the current number of bans. 4 of the last 6 releases have been ban material (and you only need to go a few patches back to find Lulu), and there was already too many must-bans as it was.

Am I being cynical or realistic? You decide.

Little Boy Nate

09-02-2012

They won't implement ranked for the simple reason that it would be a huge mistake. Champions are balanced around SR. Ranked TT was a mistake and I am pretty sure they acknowledged it somewhere or another.

NamKim

09-02-2012

Okay guys, I'm getting really tired of these threads and I am sure that Riot is too. Heck, I'm sure most of the people here are tired of this as well.

I can write for hours about why your logic is heavily flawed. You can probably write for hours why my logic is flawed. And start this never-ending chain why we're both wrong. I like to think that we're better than that, more mature than that. Also, I kind of have better stuff to do than that as well...

League of Legends will soon be having one the biggest gaming event of the year, possibly one of the biggest gaming event in League of Legends history. You guys can stay here and complain about Riot ignoring Dominion (despite President Tryn, Morello, Vesh, and RiotNome saying otherwise), or you can support Riot and realize they have their hands tied and try to enjoy the show they're putting on.

Personally, sitting around and complaining sounds boring to me. I rather play some Dominion, watch the championship, watch Dominate Dominion tournaments, hang out with friends, and study. Riot given us their words, if they don't follow through on it, I will make them regret it. But I'm at least reasonable about it. I rather see quality work in a few months than sloppy work in a few weeks.

Cherokeepimp

09-02-2012

Action proves louder than words and so far they haven't given us ****.

It's funny you downgrade my posts but you know it's true. And thats why you downgrade them cause the truth hurts. You would rather bow down to Riot with some faint hope that they will do something. When so far they have given no sign or anything that they plan on taking dom seirously.

Face it Dom is the next TT and will just go to the wayside. They have already lost so many people who have given up on dom, it will never get off the ground. They waited and ignored it way too long.