Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Really noob question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

09-02-2012

For most of you this can be prety obvious and some will laugh at me but how can i deal with Darius as Jayce?, well yesterday i was dusting off Jayce since i hadn't played him on a long while and i had to bot lane vs a Darius, i'll admit i sux at Jayce because Darius literally walked towards me as soon as he got out of base and tower dove me at level 3 and got a kill on me i revived because he was taking that point and started to poke him to interrupt cap, he was at half health before i revived but as soon as he saw me he just walked towards me, pulled me and killed me again, inside of my turret again then he got a randuins and i couldn't do anything against him while he was doing 477 damage with Q+W plus 890 true damage with ulti plus the rest of my hp with Hemorraghe, i was gold "starved" not even being able to build a last whisper while he kept just stacking armor .

So pretty much it, how to deal with him as Jayce? since everyone is here is telling "duh Jayce wins trades against Darius"

Catnium

09-02-2012

stay ranged use W and EQ on him in gun form as much as you can , don't forget to push the minion wave as well

as soon as he initiates on you you must w in gun stance than hit R to enter hammer and Q E him so he's slowed and knocked back , than try and distance your self again from him immediately because he could go for a pull after the knockback. while all your usefull skills are on cd .

Rayarth

09-02-2012

The most aggressive player on bot will always win the lane.. ive been playing jayce for a whole day now and just annihilated a darius (maybe a new player) but either way..

I would hit him with the E Q combo right away then hammer stance W Q E him .. its an aggressive combo that puts enough dmg on him so that he will keep his distance so that you can push the minion wave.. if he gets close again just hammer stance him to death.. also, use exhaust incase he runs at u or tries to run away after the burst..

Just remember to be aggressive.. and your goal is not to kill him and take the cap.. its just to make the them send another person bot and make it 4v3 top.. and dont underestimate the extra gold from killing minions..

Panzerzs

09-03-2012

Jayce excells at his skills (Knockbacks + the energy ball) Try to harrass darius if it is possible. Other than that, IMO, Jayce is better as a top laner imo, his energy ball is AoE with the gate and his knockback and W with can wipe out carries top. After all, the higher ups play jayce as a carry for the top team and he does really really well =)
For a person like darius, just remember that all hits including his abilities stack the blood - 100 more damage on noxian per stack up to 500 at level 3. Try not to get in his range. His E apprehend can only take you if you are close to him. Call in ganks, because ganks saves bot lane ^.^ GL!

MyDeadGrandma

09-03-2012

Use your range and poke to your advantage - even if he's abusing the speed shrine, there's no way he should be closing the distance on you without using his E to pull you. And when he does, you knock him back with your hammer, taking a chunk of his hp. When I'm against Darius bot I don't even bother with a point in W - you want to max both Q and E asap for maximum trade potential.

DiscworldDeath

09-03-2012

QSS is a good item. It works against Darius too.

Wolf Un1t

09-03-2012

i have to admit i had an tremely hard time against a jayce when i was darius once bot. You used his ranged attacks mostly so try that if u havent

BROSEPHIROTH

09-03-2012

If he's pulling you with E, he can't spin right away or he gets lower damage on his spin. So stay calm and switch to hammer and knock him away. If you get pulled and try to run away first thing you're just letting Darius get a max damage spin off on you and most likely a W too which slows you down quite a bit and speeds him up.