How to win bot lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

You guys mentioned Sion, right? I've just bought it. Do you think he is better in duo bot lane or in solo top?

Th3 Herbalist

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
You guys mentioned Sion, right? I've just bought it. Do you think he is better in duo bot lane or in solo top?
Sion can do anything.

Anywhere.

Always.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Herbalist View Post
Sion can do anything.

Anywhere.

Always.
Really? I might be a very bad Sion player then, because I'm being owned all the time everywhere lol... but seriously, doesn't it matter if he goes solo top or duo bot? Isn't there a better role for him?

Mich567

09-03-2012

Quote:
Bot lane Singed is mediocre at best unless he's a counter pick or part of a super hard carry aggressive lane. He's kited too easily and doesn't have any escapes and instead of soloing he has to worry about two people poking his venomous balls off.

Not to say that he's not a great champion to have in 3s, but in a duo there are better options - Volibear, for example, brings everything Singed has with more damage, lower cooldowns, and higher mobility.
Most people think Volibear is better than Singed... I disagree. Against squishy ADs bot, Singed can fling them while dealing CRAZY damage (1:1 from AP), and then poison. You can trick people into chasing and poison them like crazy. The CD on his Q is extremely short, and the damage is incredible too. Building mana works extremely well too, making you extremely beefy (plus you can use your abilities quite often). Singed has more damage overall... and a great CC with his W. Voli's CC is that E... it only works on people close to him. Singed's slow goes up to 75%... lasts for a while, and is great for Chasing. You might argue that Voli's passive might beat some aspects of Singed's ult, but the huge boosted stats are just... amazing. True, he can be kited/lured with the prospect of a fling, but sometimes they attempt to kite in a 1v2 or 1v3, and both of your CCs can combine after you fling them and pick up an easy kill. With his ult, Singed's mobility is decent, without it you can get a FoN against AP heavy people... you really don't need it, you can get them to chase you anyways. When you win the early fight at bot (everyone in the bushes...), with a champ like Darius or a decent ADC, you won' have to worry about being aggressive. With someone else, it may be more difficult, but the lane can still be easily won...

Th3 Herbalist

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich567 View Post
When you win the early fight at bot (everyone in the bushes..)
You lost me there, bro. Nobody does that (at least nobody intelligent, sorry to say.)

If there's a level 3 Graves on both teams, with a level 3 Voli on one team and a level 3 Singed on the other... the Graves with the Voli is going to win.

Mich567

09-03-2012

Quote:
You lost me there, bro. Nobody does that (at least nobody intelligent, sorry to say.)

If there's a level 3 Graves on both teams, with a level 3 Voli on one team and a level 3 Singed on the other... the Graves with the Voli is going to win.
Not necessarily... Singed's kit is better.
The thing where everyone goes in the bushes at bot happens in normals a lot, generally, if it doesn't happen, the Singed can still win the lane... his kit really IS better.

Th3 Herbalist

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich567 View Post
Not necessarily... Singed's kit is better.
The thing where everyone goes in the bushes at bot happens in normals a lot, generally, if it doesn't happen, the Singed can still win the lane... his kit really IS better.
If Singed builds AP he does more damage than Volibear, yes, but Volibear can build tanky and still do damage.. and intelligent opponents will just shred Singed at that point anyway.

Anyway, this isn't the point of the thread.

M0rias

09-04-2012

Ward red with a pink ward to make sure that your hard push is safe from ganks and use green wards to spot their middle camp bush so that you know when it's up so you can steal it while your wave is pushed.

Pushing the wave makes the middle lane very unsafe for the enemy laner and having a pink ward in the middle ensures that you know they don't have sight of you should you decide you want to gank top. Even if it is warded, lots of times the top can be very difficult to escape as it is a really long, bowed lane so ganks even if they're spotted have a good chance to at least get a summoner spell.