How to win bot lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-02-2012

I've playing a lot top lane and I'm quite successful on winning it, but when I play bot lane, I don't know exactly what to do. Could you give me some suggestions about what are the essencial aspects/objectives to acomplish for the win?

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

if you're talking about duo lane, kill them or take their jungle. play either cho, volibear, sion, or singed if you want easy kills bot. bot lane should be 100% pushed all the time if you don't plan on killing them

Mich567

09-02-2012

Best advice:
DO NOT FEED DARIUS BOT. This goes without saying.
Choosing two compatible champions works well, if you synergize, generally one will get fed (*cough* Darius *cough*), and the other will rack up quite a few assists. Play a little safe early game... don't get killed. Watch out for ganks from top.
Bot is the easier lane to push, so DO IT. Again, be careful when doing so...
One time, I was 1/4 bot with Amumu, and the other player with me on bot left the game. Our Veigar started raging at me... but then he came bot, and lemme tell you: Two (or 3, counting amumu's ult) stuns bot DEFINITELY works. We both got on a roll.
Those are a few tips, there are a lot more...

Judas Priest

09-02-2012

So, there are two main things to do in bot lane for winning:

1. push all the time // don't be pushed
2. kill them // don't be killed

Something else?

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

thats about it... get red early

Captain Yoshii

09-02-2012

I also find it useful to not get killed or let them pushing while I'm killing them and pushing.

Wheelockez

09-02-2012

Be OP

Wow Such Juke

09-03-2012

If you're duoing, have at least one person in the lane with some sort of hard cc (sion, xin zhao, voli) and the other should have some other sort of soft cc/gap closer - this will be the one soaking the majority of the damage. Not necessarily getting the kills, but they will be the one starting the fights.

(For example, Sion + Xin Zhao - Sion stuns, Xin dashes in and knocks up. By that time Sion has had enough time to get in there and help Xin out for the kill. You could even do something like Wukong + Draven, which is less conventional, but works the same; Wukong dashes in and hits the target with his Q, reducing armor for Draven's attacks to shred them. Not a very CC heavy lane and can be countered, but it's an example of synergy that would work well.)

It's all about finding champions that work together and at the same time finding champs that work against the opposite team.

Mich567

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Herbalist View Post
If you're duoing, have at least one person in the lane with some sort of hard cc (sion, xin zhao, voli) and the other should have some other sort of soft cc/gap closer - this will be the one soaking the majority of the damage. Not necessarily getting the kills, but they will be the one starting the fights.

(For example, Sion + Xin Zhao - Sion stuns, Xin dashes in and knocks up. By that time Sion has had enough time to get in there and help Xin out for the kill. You could even do something like Wukong + Draven, which is less conventional, but works the same; Wukong dashes in and hits the target with his Q, reducing armor for Draven's attacks to shred them. Not a very CC heavy lane and can be countered, but it's an example of synergy that would work well.)

It's all about finding champions that work together and at the same time finding champs that work against the opposite team.
Singed+Any DPS with some form of a bit of CC works. And of course, you can always pop the ult get them to chase Singed if they're stupid enough...

Wow Such Juke

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich567 View Post
Singed+Any DPS with some form of a bit of CC works. And of course, you can always pop the ult get them to chase Singed if they're stupid enough...
Bot lane Singed is mediocre at best unless he's a counter pick or part of a super hard carry aggressive lane. He's kited too easily and doesn't have any escapes and instead of soloing he has to worry about two people poking his venomous balls off.

Not to say that he's not a great champion to have in 3s, but in a duo there are better options - Volibear, for example, brings everything Singed has with more damage, lower cooldowns, and higher mobility.