Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Rengar's Q is still bugged.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkCornor

09-02-2012

Priority: Major

Label: Game, Rengar

Description: First off I would like to say, that I am well aware that his normal and empowered abilities does not share a cooldown in any way. This is about his Q strangely reducing it's own cooldown, before it's actually used. When Rengar activates his Q ability, he gains a buff that causes his next attack to do extra damage, and grant him bonus attack speed. The cooldown on this ability starts when he attacks with his Q, not when activated. If he while this buff is on, uses his other abilities to max out his Ferocity, after using his Q, the cooldown for it is reduced. His Q's cooldown is reduced by the amount of seconds you waited between activating the Q, and actually using it. This does not happen if you do it without maxing out Ferocity, so I conclude it's therefore not intended.
This meaning, if timed right, Rengar can get off 3 Q's in his combo, instead of the normal 2. Taking this into consideration, it can drasticly increase his damage output, and this does make him overpowered (in my opinion). Nontheless, this bug needs to be fixed, before more players start exploiting it.

Repro steps:
1. Select Rengar.
2. Use his Q ability, and wait a couple seconds.
3. Before the buff expires, use his other abilities to get him to 5 ferocity.
4. Attack something with your Q, and follow it up with an empowered ability.
5. Notice how your normal Q's Cooldown is significally lower, if not reset.
6. This accours 100% of the time if done correctly, I will have a video up soon to demonstrate, as it is rather complicated to do.

Looking forward to a red post

fiddlesticksssss

09-02-2012

Quote:
DarkCornor:

Label: Game, Rengar

Description: When Rengar activates his Q ability, he gains a buff that causes his next attack to do extra damage, and grant him bonus attack speed. The cooldown on this ability starts when he attacks with his Q, not when activated. If he while this buff is on, uses his other abilities to max out his Ferocity, after using his Q, followed by another impowered ability, his Q's cooldown is reduced by the amount of seconds you waited between activating the Q, and actually using it.
This meaning, if timed right, Rengar can get off 3 Q's in his combo, instead of the normal 2. Taking this into consideration, it can drasticly increase his damage output, and this does make him overpowered (in my opinion). Nontheless, this bug needs to be fixed, before more players start exploiting it.

Repro steps:
1. Select Rengar.
6. This accours 100% of the time if done correctly, I will have a video up soon to demonstrate, as it is rather complicated to do.

its not a bug, its the only reason why rengar is close to a mediocre champ. His cooldowns still go down even if you have your empowered on or ready. So no bug, working as intended.

DarkCornor

09-02-2012

It is indeed a bug.
His cooldowns are supposed to go down while his empowered ones are ready, yes.
But if you follow the steps above, his Q's cooldown goes down before it's used.

christoc

09-02-2012

Quote:
DarkCornor:

Repro steps:
1. Select Rengar.

Looking forward to a red post

Listen bro, the second you become 'empowered' as rengar, your abilities are reset. Doesn't matter that you just used Q, your timers WILL be reduced.

Magik

09-02-2012

empowered and regular abilities share different cooldowns

only reason hes an ok champ

Prince of Doge

09-02-2012

He's not saying that you can do it two times, he's saying that when you do this, you can actually get three Q's off with no cd.

fiddlesticksssss

09-02-2012

Quote:
bbshot1:
He's not saying that you can do it two times, he's saying that when you do this, you can actually get three Q's off with no cd.

and we are saying that its not a bug, because its not. His cd will continue to go down even if your empowered is up. So you Q, then you hit 5 Q. While you are in empowered form YOUR NORMAL ABILITES WILL STILL COOLDOWN. So if you WAIT you will have 3 Qs, depending on your cds. Its not a bug its as intended.

So at level 1 3 Qs are impossible. at level 8 3 Qs if you leveled up Q first, then you will have 3. Its not broken, its not a bug, its not a problem.

TheLimaBean

12-09-2012

That's the thing, I just tested this. I didn't wait. I got three Q's in a row. I just mashed it. Q-Q-Q. Yes. It's bugged.

Zair Umbras

12-09-2012

It's as intended.... This is why his Q took a nerf to the face.

IonDragonX

12-09-2012

Yorick