Why can't you balance separately for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reiora View Post
If Heimer is such a problem in Dominion, nerf him. In Dominion only. Surely there can be a numbers modifier for specific champions? You have hidden passive debuffs when specific conditions are met, why not have a condition be "this is Dominion" like the Dominion/Proving Grounds buff is, and just flat out change Heimerdinger's numbers?
The problem with this, well, besides entry barrier and burden of knowledge, is how long it'd take.

Would you rather Riot spend a year (quite possibly more) building all-new versions of each character that are maybe balanced on Dominion but most likely not OR make map/aura/item changes that potentially adjust champion balance into a bit better place?

Stuff I've seen considered by reds, such as a cheaper version of a deathcap or a more caster-friendly aura (different way of doing mana regen as well as maybe some free AP) would be small and doable by a small team, and potentially make some big changes to Dominion viability - in my example hopefully it'd make mages be less useless xP

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

There's enough champs to where it's fine. Power is relative. There's enough "OP" champs on Dom that even after bans you can have OPs on each side to counteract each other. The real problem in dominion is no dodge penalty killing draft mode.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

I'm sure that you can balance dominion only through items and auras. Even Kassadin. As long as those champs are balanced in SR as well.

The Fizznity

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
They could, but they won't. I'd rather they didn't anyway. Riot knows not a damn thing about Dominion and it shows. They probably would nerf Heimer.
I'm just trying to figure out now if it was impatience that broke FDru or something he knows we don't.

Shaboinker

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
I haven't seen a Heimer in so long. :O
This

WaterD103

09-02-2012

Maybe Riot lied many many times? They lack of understanding of so many things that they claim to know?
The list to dislike Riot is so long. They are proud to say that they are a company that interact with their customers. Most companies do not interact because they know interacting and being honest with customers is not good for business. Riot decided to interact and not be honest, which is actually better for business. Personally I prefer the Don't interact, than interact and be dishonest.
Many people lack the understanding how Riot is dishonest and manipulative of the community so they do not care or they just buy the bull****. Some people see what actually happens, and when you see it, you can't avoid nurturing a level of hate for their actions.

The Fizznity

09-02-2012

I'm starting to think that "scumbag riot is pulling one over on their community" is the moon landing conspiracy of League; I.E. a few people believe it and the rest are enjoying the fruits of Riot/NASA's labor too much to care what a few nutbags think.